ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I am seeing $4K off MSRP easy here on 18's. If you go to Koons it's more like $5K+ off MSRP.

Isn't a base GT Fastback with PP2 $43K before incentives/discounts? Figure $4K off that and you are looking at $39K before tax, etc but including destination.
I'm looking at a 2018 GT Premium at $6700 off MSRP when including the $2k cash back. MSRP $49,8xx and for sale at $43,1xx.

The auto industry has been pushing vehicles via large incentives and subprime auto lending.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Funny I got the impression you spent a lot of time trying to convince GT350 owners there cars were not worth it. :lol:

My apologies if I mistake you for someone else
Performance value is not the same as how much you love a car. I fully expect the Gt350 owners to love their cars.

The problem with the 350 group is that many of them see it as impossible that a car with the same platform, but a lower cost could even come close to their car. Even though every other mid trim(Mach1, Boss, Bullitts) all get tied or out paced just a couple years later. Are they still different? Sure. But pretending that 2-3yrs later a GT with a good package won't come close to a GT350 is part delusional. On some tracks even the SS 1LE isn't to far behind it, and is much cheaper. I'd still take the GT350 over a 1LE, I am a Ford guy after all.

Sure you can get them for maybe into the 40's 2yrs used, but I can get a premium PP2 New for high 40's also. I also get a NEW car. To some that means something just as much as Bang/buck does for others. If you are JUST bag for buck? Sure a used GT350 likely has an edge still and may be a better buy.

03-04 Mach1 = 05+ 3v GT with performance package
12-13 BOSS = 15-17 S550 GT with performance package
16-18 GT350 = 18+ Refreshed S550 GT with PP2(?) - we'll see. If not then 2021 will.​

Even if the PP2 is behind it on the track, and I don't expect it won't be, I don't expect it to take much for it to be near even, meaning the 2021or a mild mod 2018 will just take the crown then.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Why is the double frontsplitter missing on the delivered car? :shrug:

PP2 should look like that!

Ford-Mustang_GT_Performance_Pack_Level_2-2018-1024-0c.jpg
Because they are a Dealer installed part. It's been said MANY times.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Most buyers of enthusiast cars (used or new) are well aware of options and packages and I don't think someone looking for a GT Premium with PP2 would expect it to be priced close to a GT Fastback stripper and they likely would not even be looking for that car.

If someone wants leather and PP2 they likely are not going to settle for a base GT car.
If someone wanted a base car they may settle on a leather one though. It works both ways but the one that was just looking for a base will try to drag down an offer for the higher trim. Like, hey I just want a GT and my budget is X so that's my offer.

I think a lot of people on forums tend to overestimate the general public on things like this. Sure the PP may have upgraded sway bars, shocks/struts, springs, etc...but to GP it has bigger black wheels that look nice. The Premium might have blah and blah but really they see leather or the touch screen.

If salesmen half the time don't know the difference for a PP2 vs PP1, how would a random buyer?

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Performance value is not the same as how much you love a car. I fully expect the Gt350 owners to love their cars.

The problem with the 350 group is that many of them see it as impossible that a car with the same platform, but a lower cost could even come close to their car. Even though every other mid trim(Mach1, Boss, Bullitts) all get tied or out paced just a couple years later. Are they still different? Sure. But pretending that 2-3yrs later a GT with a good package won't come close to a GT350 is part delusional. On some tracks even the SS 1LE isn't to far behind it, and is much cheaper. I'd still take the GT350 over a 1LE, I am a Ford guy after all.

Sure you can get them for maybe into the 40's 2yrs used, but I can get a premium PP2 New for high 40's also. I also get a NEW car. To some that means something just as much as Bang/buck does for others. If you are JUST bag for buck? Sure a used GT350 likely has an edge still and may be a better buy.

16-18 GT350 = 18+ Refreshed S550 GT with PP2(?) - we'll see. If not then 2021 will.​

Even if the PP2 is behind it on the track, and I don't expect it won't be, I don't expect it to take much for it to be near even, meaning the 2021or a mild mod 2018 will just take the crown then.
There will always be something faster, there is a GT on my track that I couldnt keep up with. Why do you think the PP2 will be faster around the track out of curiousity?

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Why is the double frontsplitter missing on the delivered car? :shrug:

PP2 should look like that!
I suspect its like the Shelby's where you have to install the splitter after the purchase. i assume its for transportation reasons.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Pic as posted by OP

My question is what are the two white dots on the side of the car?

TC
18119214_1776725522395502_4678262865996951203_n.jpg

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7

16-18 GT350 = 18+ Refreshed S550 GT with PP2(?) - we'll see. If not then 2021 will.
Just a small precision : 1LE SS is faster than a GT350 on a roadcourse, It is almost GT350R fast...

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I just gave my insurance two vin #'s just for the hell of it. $144 a month for a 2018 Mustang GT, $170 a month for a GT350. Both I find high since I'm an old fart of 32 years old with a perfect driving record.

32 is not old.. LOL
For insurance companies, 32 is the new 22.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
There will always be something faster, there is a GT on my track that I couldnt keep up with. Why do you think the PP2 will be faster around the track out of curiousity?
Odd I had typed out a full reply to this but it doesnt show up. Take #2.

I don't think the PP2 will be faster, I said so in my post. Just close the gap.

The real direct comparison would be 2018 GT350 vs 2018 GT PP2. This rules out the "yeah but used" option, at least until the PP2 also has a used comparison. Used cars are almost always a better bargain than new ones.

My point is, does a GT350 perform 9k better than a GT PP2. Or if you want to compare base to base a 45K PP2. That is a large price gap to clear, because at that point the Mod game and Long term maintenance games comes into play.

If I can slap on headers and e85 tune, with a few suspension bits to edge out a GT350 for a few $$ less... why wouldn't I? If the 5.0 has proven itself since 2010(?) and the 5.2 just ran for 3 years, which will be easier to upkeep in the long run? I love the sound of the FPC, but I just imagine getting in a spot in the future where it will cost me $$$$ to fix it but would only be $$$ to fix with the 5.0, wish greater availability of parts.

This goes for some body parts too. I keep my cars long term, so I'm not looking at resale value, I look at hows much it will cost to fix if some ass 10yrs from now sideswipes me vs just a GT. Sure I'll likely just be paying the deductible, but it also takes time to source parts.

If I was the type that just got another car every 3-5 years I'd probably look at the GT350 harder. For me, the idea of a BULLITT with the PP2 swaybars, springs and front lip added on just appeals more. I'm even thinking of putting the BULLITT wheels in storage and putting the PP2's on. That's what's great about Mustangs, you can make yours YOURS.

Another persons stang is never trash, it's just not for me.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Just a small precision : 1LE SS is faster than a GT350 on a roadcourse, It is almost GT350R fast...
I've seen this mentioned quite a bit by a few people, so last night I was trying to find data to back this up, and I came up dry. Unfortunately there aren't too many test of the regular GT350, but the tests for the R show it to be quite a bit faster than the SS 1LE, especially at larger tracks. Only time they were close was at Willow Springs where they had identical times (but different days).

At VIR and Laguna Seca the GT350 R was decently faster than the 1LE. The Cayman GT4 is similar to the 1LE, and also similar to the regular GT350 from what I can see.

In the end, I do think the 1LE and GT350 will be very close, and would not be surprised if either one was marginally faster than the other. Just haven't seen anything clearly showing that yet. However, no matter what, the SS 1LE is a great track car, and probably the best track car value at this time (when talking new cars). Certainly a better speed/$ value than the GT350. Not sure about smiles/$ though.

The problem with the 350 group is that many of them see it as impossible that a car with the same platform, but a lower cost could even come close to their car. Even though every other mid trim(Mach1, Boss, Bullitts) all get tied or out paced just a couple years later. Are they still different? Sure. But pretending that 2-3yrs later a GT with a good package won't come close to a GT350 is part delusional. On some tracks even the SS 1LE isn't to far behind it, and is much cheaper.

I think most GT350 owners are well aware that future "normal" Mustangs (and other cars) will be faster. As mentioned above, the SS 1LE is likely already there or at least as close as makes no difference.

It's just that the GT350 owners don't really care.

The car really is a lot of fun. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. ;-)

Also, based on that MT Head to Head with the 1LE, hopefully Ford went pretty aggressive with the Magneride tuning on the PP2. Seems like they left a lot of headroom on the PP1 in order to promote a more comfortable GT experience. Will be very interesting to see where the PP2 ends up, as it definitely has the tire grip and engine performance for some pretty fast times.

-T

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I just gave my insurance two vin #'s just for the hell of it. $144 a month for a 2018 Mustang GT, $170 a month for a GT350. Both I find high since I'm an old fart of 32 years old with a perfect driving record.
Dang, i got quoted 184/mo for a gt and $205 for GT350. I'm 34 and just one accident 4+yrs ago where I wasnt at fault.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I've seen this mentioned quite a bit by a few people, so last night I was trying to find data to back this up, and I came up dry. Unfortunately there aren't too many test of the regular GT350, but the tests for the R show it to be quite a bit faster than the SS 1LE, especially at larger tracks. Only time they were close was at Willow Springs where they had identical times (but different days).

At VIR and Laguna Seca the GT350 R was decently faster than the 1LE. The Cayman GT4 is similar to the 1LE, and also similar to the regular GT350 from what I can see.

In the end, I do think the 1LE and GT350 will be very close, and would not be surprised if either one was marginally faster than the other. Just haven't seen anything clearly showing that yet. However, no matter what, the SS 1LE is a great track car, and probably the best track car value at this time (when talking new cars). Certainly a better speed/$ value than the GT350. Not sure about smiles/$ though.

-T
That was the same time I could find also, which was why I had worded my statement as I did. It's probably heavily track/day dependant.
Sponsored