Sponsored

PP2...........starting to appear at dealerships

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Odd I had typed out a full reply to this but it doesnt show up. Take #2.

I don't think the PP2 will be faster, I said so in my post. Just close the gap.

The real direct comparison would be 2018 GT350 vs 2018 GT PP2. This rules out the "yeah but used" option, at least until the PP2 also has a used comparison. Used cars are almost always a better bargain than new ones.

My point is, does a GT350 perform 9k better than a GT PP2. Or if you want to compare base to base a 45K PP2. That is a large price gap to clear, because at that point the Mod game and Long term maintenance games comes into play.

If I can slap on headers and e85 tune, with a few suspension bits to edge out a GT350 for a few $$ less... why wouldn't I? If the 5.0 has proven itself since 2010(?) and the 5.2 just ran for 3 years, which will be easier to upkeep in the long run? I love the sound of the FPC, but I just imagine getting in a spot in the future where it will cost me $$$$ to fix it but would only be $$$ to fix with the 5.0, wish greater availability of parts.

This goes for some body parts too. I keep my cars long term, so I'm not looking at resale value, I look at hows much it will cost to fix if some ass 10yrs from now sideswipes me vs just a GT. Sure I'll likely just be paying the deductible, but it also takes time to source parts.

If I was the type that just got another car every 3-5 years I'd probably look at the GT350 harder. For me, the idea of a BULLITT with the PP2 swaybars, springs and front lip added on just appeals more. I'm even thinking of putting the BULLITT wheels in storage and putting the PP2's on. That's what's great about Mustangs, you can make yours YOURS.

Another persons stang is never trash, it's just not for me.
Whats faster is far less important then how you enjoy the car and how it feels. I have never driven a GT but people who have say the difference is noticeable. On the track I pass Z06s and Vipers all the time.

9K depends on your situation. I would pay 58K for a GT350 I would not pay 50K for a GT. I never cross shopped them. If I was a mustang guy perhaps Id have to make the value judgment.

Base GT is 10 less then the GTPP2 which is 10 less than the GT350. I could argue the GT makes the most sense of the three.

The GT350 will be more to fix but you have to pay to play.

I think the GT350 looks 9k better than GT.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I just gave my insurance two vin #'s just for the hell of it. $144 a month for a 2018 Mustang GT, $170 a month for a GT350. Both I find high since I'm an old fart of 32 years old with a perfect driving record.
Look at your zip code. That’s a huge factor in insurance prices.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I am seeing $4K off MSRP easy here on 18's. If you go to Koons it's more like $5K+ off MSRP.

Isn't a base GT Fastback with PP2 $43K before incentives/discounts? Figure $4K off that and you are looking at $39K before tax, etc but including destination.

Slight thread derail

Holy smokes, just checked out Koons site, they really cut that big of deals on cars with the "Wow" Price? If so looks like I might be road tripping to get a new ride

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Whats faster is far less important then how you enjoy the car and how it feels.

Agreed. You have to buy what you enjoy, and unless your specifically buying a track car I think you can have more fun with a GT350 in terms of the unique engine and A+ exterior. It has a lot of "Wow" factor that creates huge smiles just walking up to the car and turning it in, you're in love before you hit the gas. I know people are like that with their regular GT, I just think the GT350 takes that to a higher level. Some might not find the same excitement in the FPC, or feel they can create a custom GT that looks better.

To each his own, but to me the GT350 will remain "King Pony" until something with more raw emotional draw shows up.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Whats faster is far less important then how you enjoy the car and how it feels. I have never driven a GT but people who have say the difference is noticeable. On the track I pass Z06s and Vipers all the time.

9K depends on your situation. I would pay 58K for a GT350 I would not pay 50K for a GT. I never cross shopped them. If I was a mustang guy perhaps Id have to make the value judgment.

Base GT is 10 less then the GTPP2 which is 10 less than the GT350. I could argue the GT makes the most sense of the three.

The GT350 will be more to fix but you have to pay to play.

Looks are subjective. For me the looks of the Mach1 was why I didn't want the 05+ GT. I just found them ugly looking bricks.

I feel like I'd equally enjoy either. Just different aspects. I rarely get time to actually hit a track. Definitely less than I'd like to. For me it would be short drives to work and around town, and the occasional leg stretching going down i-95 or 467.

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
Just signed up here after I ordered a 2018 GT PP2 today. Previously owned an 03 GT with full bolt ons, which I sold in 2012. Here's my thinking on GT PP2 vs GT350: I like new cars, and I plan on keeping them long term. So used vs. new and resale values aren't really a debate in my head. When building the 2018 GT PP2 and 2018 GT350 on the Ford site and NADA, I would tell myself just go for the GT350 for a few thousand more. And then when I look at local dealers, all GT350 are prices at $70k+, putting an end to that "just a few thousand more" idea. Sure there's leftover 2017 GT350s in the mid $60k area scattered around, but there's not much flex on the pricing the dealer is asking for, as well as used 16-17 GT350s on eBay in the low $50ks, but they're also half a country away and not new.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Slight thread derail

Holy smokes, just checked out Koons site, they really cut that big of deals on cars with the "Wow" Price? If so looks like I might be road tripping to get a new ride
Well just know they don't add freight in there. So add $900 to the Wow price and their dealer fees are $300-700 or depending on which dealer you buy from and what state.

Still. Even if you tack on $1200 or so it's some very good pricing. I am pretty sure I can get a local dealer to come down $5K off a GT Premium with PP1 I am looking at. Since they are local it seems like a fair deal.

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Your #'s are off a little. Base GTPP2 is $8500 more than a base GT. Base GT350 is now $13,500 more than a base GTPP2. Difference is even bigger when you include xplan/negotiations+rebates.

If someone let me drive their GT350 in the Bay Area maybe I could say if it would be worth the extra $20k. Looks wise the GT350 is probably one of the best looking cars everrrrrr.
But base gtpp2 doesn’t have active exhaust or Recaro seats.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Cloth Recaros are a no cost option. From that perspective the GTPP2 is a minimal upgrade over a base GT with magnaride (which includes 301A and PP1).

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Cloth Recaros are a no cost option. From that perspective the GTPP2 is a minimal upgrade over a base GT with magnaride (which includes 301A and PP1).
Where does it say that? One guy said it was a $1700 charge on the premium gt to get the leather Recaro seats. So a premium gets charged, yet the base gets Recaro seats free?:crazy:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Where does it say that? One guy said it was a $1700 charge on the premium gt to get the leather Recaro seats. So a premium gets charged, yet the base gets Recaro seats free?:crazy:
cloth are free on the base. Leather is a charge on the premium.