PP2 Registry

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
I've had mine one day longer than you. Delivered 5/21/18, took delivery 5/22/18. Ordered 3/6/18, so it took 11 weeks to the day. I was pretty stoked when my salesman sent me this pic.

full.jpg
I talked to my salesman the first part of November, 2017, about a week or 10 days after Ford announced the PP2.
He had no idea what I was talking about when montioning PP2.
Finally was able to order it on January 30, 2018.
It was built on May 2, 2018.
I think mine arrived at the dealership in Eugene, Oregon on 5/21/2018.
They told me that mine got delayed a little because the train that my PP2 was on had some vehicles come loose inside and they had to send the train back to the shipping facility to check all the vehicles for damage....
That's a beautiful car, Silver Bulitt! I like that pic of it on the transport.

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
I'll jump in also. I bought my 2019 PP2 in August 2019. Manufacture date is July 2019. Car had six miles on it when I drove it off the lot. Now has 1530. I took my 2012 5.0 in for routine service and I drove by it and I'd just never seen a 5.0 from the factory look the way the PP2 looked. I talked with the dealer and started looking over the car. Still had the shipping blocks in the suspension and the front chin spoiler needed to be installed. I told them I wanted it and we needed to work up a trade. Got a great deal on my 2012, signed the paperwork and came back the next day to pick it up.

In just over a year I've done some minor cosmetic modifications to it.

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I eneded up getting my white pp2 in October 2019. I think it sat on the lot since march. I actually went to the dealership to look at a used 2014 white gt.. Long story I had a 15 eco boost and got rid of it in 2016 due to needing a work truck. But anyways I was looking at the used stang with the fiancé and notice this pp2 sitting there and I literally went holy shit what a car. I didn't know ford made a pp2 mustang at the time and to me it seemed a lot lower then a normal mustang. But later that night I went home to research it and after discussing with the fiancé and how she said she knew I was going to buy it the way my face lit up when I saw it. Needless to say the next day it was in my driveway. Anyways I love reading other peoples stories on how they acquired there mustangs. Like I always said there is just something about mustangs that no other vehicle or thing can make ya feel LOL.

Keep on mustangin.

Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
My story: ordered a 2018 in March of 2018. In April I was informed Ford refused to build it. So ordered a 2019 in April. Car was delivered in late August. So glad because my favorite feature is rev match. Also, how did I live so long without a heated steering wheel?
I was driving from Philly to VA to take a look at a base PP2, same color just base.I figured that I don;t need all the extra blows and whistles.
On the way to VA, in Baltimore, there's the same dealership (same owner) so I stopped at it just to see what they have, maybe the same base model so it will save me an hour of driving each way. Parked, same PP2 was sitting at the front door. Walked around it 3 times, sales person showed up, I said "let's get the paperwork started"
Wasn't that easy to negotiate with them, took me about 3 hours to get the deal. First to trade my 2015, they offered 21k at first... so I had a print from one of my local dealerships with 23500 on it. So they offered (after looking at my car) 23K. I said okay but it is going back to stock (I had PP wheels with Michelin tires, Roush Catback, ROush CAI, Strut tower brace, spare wheel kit etc) - they told me no, can't do it. Showed them again the quote from the local dealership that had a note "BACK TO STOCK"
At this point I was talking with the manager, he said yes, on 2 conditions: I take my old car back and bring it back on Monday and I have to pay for my new Mustang today - no problem :D
Paid in about 10 mins for everything, took my old car home. Sunday was parting out (I must say, getting the stock exhaust back on in my driveway using jack stands and ramps, obviously I had nobody to help, is a bitch but made it in about 45 mins :D ) Needles to say, everything sold on fb marketplace in 3 days ;)
Took a ride down to Baltimore Monday after work, drove the PP2 back and I must say it was a really nice ride :D

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Kind of a long story, so I'll try to keep it short. I sold my full bolt-on, cammed, full suspension 2005 GTO in May 2017 to buy my dream car, a 2018 Corvette Grand Sport. Flew to Bowling Green and took delivery of the Vette right before the plant shut down at the end of July 2017 and drove it back to KC. My daughter passed away right after I got back. It really left a bad vibe with the car and it sat for several months. I ended up selling it with just a couple thousand miles on it in late 2017. I thought I was getting old and just didn't need a sports car anymore.

Fast forward to February 2018. I'm getting the itch for another car. Being a long-time GM guy, my wife and I went to the KC auto show on Friday, 3/2/18. I've got my heart set on looking at a new Camaro SS 1LE. Of course, as we ride the escalator up to the show floor, the first car greeting me is the all new 2018 Gen 3 Mustang GT. I talked quite a bit with the guy who ultimately turned out to be the primary Mustang salesman at Thoroughbred Ford, about 6 miles from our house. I told him I was a GM guy and was interested in a new Camaro. He was the first person to mention the PP2 package to me. I'd never heard or read about it before. He gave me his card, had us both sign up for a $50 test drive debit card, and told us he'd be at the dealership the next day and for us to come in and test drive the Mustang.

We went on our way and I drooled over an SS and had set up an appointment for a test drive the next day. I wanted a silver car (why my forum name), but the boss said no more silver cars, she was picking the color (she wanted blue). Pull into the Chevy dealer the next day right next to a blue SS 1LE. Come to find out another couple was taking it for an extended test drive. I actually talked with them and they seemed pretty positive they were buying it. They let us test drive a silver SS 1LE. Very very nice solid car although I hated the rev match feature (which I finally figured out how to turn off) and the electronic parking brake. We went back and started negotiating, but the boss wouldn't budge on the color. They had gotten down to $38,000 on price. If the blue one had been available right then, I'm certain we would have bought it.

We leave and just decided to go test drive a Mustang to get our $100. Johnathon handed us the keys to a black 301A PP1 M6 with Recaros and active exhaust. Went for a test drive and wam! We were both hooked. The Mustang had both of us grinning from ear to ear when we got back. It was a more raw feel, more connected to the car, and the sound of the Coyote was incredible for a stock car. It was just a feeling the Camaro did not leave us with. We were so excited, we completely forgot about our $100.

Went home and started doing some research on the PP2 and pricing. In the mean time, the sales manager from the Chevy dealer called us back. The couple had backed out on the blue SS 1LE and he would match the $38,000 price even though MSRP was a little higher than the silver one. Told him no thanks. We're buying a Mustang.

Went back the next Monday and placed an order for a Lightning Blue 301A PP2 with Recaros and active exhaust (Recaros were actually a no charge upgrade option on 301A and PP2 at the time). We also got our $100 debit cards (which I ultimately gave to Johnathon for taking such good care of us).

As Durango mentioned above, 2018 was a short model year run. I was reading stories of all the late orders that were getting cancelled, and with our order being turned in on 3/7/18, I was worried. They had a crimson PP1 M6 on the lot that I was thinking about going ahead and making an offer on. Talked to Johnathon about our concerns, and he called me back saying the general manager was calling in a favor with his regional rep and not to worry, it was getting built. I worried for the next 8 weeks until I received the COTUS checker email that the VIN had been assigned and the window sticker released. It was 5/3/2018, what would have been my daughter's 26th birthday. My guardian angel was looking out for me.

Car was delivered on 5/21/18 and we took delivery the next day (11 weeks to the day of our order being submitted). In the interim, Ford had either changed their mind or discovered their error on the free Recaros. The MSRP was $1,595 higher than when we ordered. Thoroughbred stepped up and honored the original negotiation (even though they weren't obligated to). I would recommend Johnathon and Thoroughbred Ford to anyone looking for a new Mustang.

I know this car was just meant to be for us and we're still grinning ear to ear every time we drive it. I hope it's around for a long time.

Last edited:

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I recently bought a GT PP2 that did not come with the front splitter but came with the splitter attachment kit. Was I supposed to receive the splitter also??
Yes. The lower splitter comes seperately inside the car when it arrives from the factory.

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I will let you know if I lost 7lb of downforce at 80MPH comparing to the PP2 spoiler hahahah
At Area 27 in Oliver, BC I get just over 150 MPH at the end of the long straight before a high speed left hand sweeping double apex corner and I have to tell you the cars gives me full confidence in that corner to not be lifting. Whoever did the aerodynamics on this car got it right, it handles very well for a stock set up.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine one day longer than you. Delivered 5/21/18, took delivery 5/22/18. Ordered 3/6/18, so it took 11 weeks to the day. I was pretty stoked when my salesman sent me this pic.

full.jpg
I got mine on 3/8/20. Was walking thru the local dealer getting a part for my Super Duty and saw it in the showroom, I was hooked. A leftover 2019 in Shadow Black on sale for $36,695. Knew by the stance, wheel poke and big brakes that it wasn't a standard Mustang but hadn't heard of the PP2 so I asked this young sales guy and he told me about it. I looked at it for about 20 minutes then figured I better get out of there before I did something I shouldn't. Called my 19 year old son on the way home hoping he would be my voice of reason and talk me down (I know, not a smart move) but all he did was look up the PP2 online and tell me all about it when I walked in the door.
For the next 3 days I thought about it, read about it, got excited about it and even tried to talk myself out of it until on day 4 I found out they had sold it. Spent the next day or so kicking myself for not jumping on it until I tried this new thing called the internet and saw another dealership in town also had 2 leftover 2019's, Race Red and the same Shadow Black. Went down the next day and got the Black beauty. It was right at 41K out the door after some of the typical BS negotiations. It's pretty basic with sat/nav as the only add-on but since its a nighttime/weekend car and not my DD, I was happy to keep costs down so I could do other mods.
Since then I've put in a Borla S cat-back (the sound, wow), Blowfish shifter adapter, FP lowering springs, blackout emblems and bunch of Steeda parts. Street tires are next then i have to chill out for a while, its hard to catch the UPS and Fedex driver outside every day and the wife is starting to notice the boxes coming into the office that aren't work related.

Speedycrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1913, 2010 Mustang GT (racecar)
I almost bought one just like this....but with the Blue midnight stitching and Recaros.....I ended up with a Bullitt which I love, but your pics give be twinges of "should I have gotten the white PP2", gotta look at the Bullitt pics to remind I still did well :)
BullittGarage.jpg

ABPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP2
I almost bought one just like this....but with the Blue midnight stitching and Recaros.....I ended up with a Bullitt which I love, but your pics give be twinges of "should I have gotten the white PP2", gotta look at the Bullitt pics to remind I still did well :)
BullittGarage.jpg
haha funny story I was originally looking at the Bullitt but got a amazing deal on the pp2

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I was about to get a Bullit because they had 3 on the floor but ended up with a PP2. Both options would be great, I'll probably buy a bullit next year and have both :)