Sponsored

PP vs base GT splitters

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What is the difference between the factory splitters? Can they be swapped? Reason I ask is there is a particular splitter I have seen but was made for a PP car. Was wondering what the differences are and how interchangeable everything is.

I checked the parts catalog and didn't see a distinction. From what I saw, they call it a valence and the distinction is 50th anniversary versus non-50th. Anyone have part numbers?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You cannot swap without also swapping to the PP bellypan.

If you want a more prominent splitter, there's the GT/CS one, which will bolt right up. I like the profile features (matches the lower grille openings) of the PP one vs. longer but flat GT/CS.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT

If you want a more prominent splitter, there's the GT/CS one, which will bolt right up. I like the profile features (matches the lower grille openings) of the PP one vs. longer but flat GT/CS.
Is the PP one longer than the non-PP, or it is just the shape difference?

I like the look of the PP, but I don't want it to be too long, too shallow of a "scrape angle".

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

I'm looking for something that creates more downforce but is still streetable. The APR splitter looks like it may be too long and end up scraping on everything, Steeda's is only for PP cars only, CDC is cosmetic... only solution so far came from one of the auto-x guys where he made his own. Which I would gladly do if I had that means to do so.

Steeda's solution I like because it is more aggressive but not so much that I feel it will scrape constantly. That is why I asked how hard it would be to convert to the PP splitter.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is the PP one longer than the non-PP, or it is just the shape difference?

I like the look of the PP, but I don't want it to be too long, too shallow of a "scrape angle".
Both.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

I thought there were also differences in the front facia/bumper that made them incompatible? Like the base vs Premium rear facia/bumper differences.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there were also differences in the front facia/bumper that made them incompatible? Like the base vs Premium rear facia/bumper differences.
Nope :)

I was able to get the PP splitter and belly pan installed when my car was in the body shop a few months ago, and within the cost estimate of non PP replacements.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nope :)

I was able to get the PP splitter and belly pan installed when my car was in the body shop a few months ago, and within the cost estimate of non PP replacements.
Sweet... if you don't mind me asking, what did it take to do all of that?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet... if you don't mind me asking, what did it take to do all of that?
No idea :lol:

Body shop did It all. You just have two part numbers to swap.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

:D I know the feeling.

Do you happen to have the part numbers handy?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
FR3Z-17626-D
FR3Z-17D957-BA
That is why I couldn't find it. I found AA under bumper and related components (front). BA is listed as the 50th anniversary as well as the premium parts. So... I'm now confused what is the part number for a 50th anniversary and a PP splitter.

Man I hate Ford part catalogs. :crazy:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a shot of the California Special Splitter.
Bolts right on to the base GT / Eco PP with no belly pan change.

https://flic.kr/p/Vdpxy3

Also has fog light splitters and winglets from MMD.

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR

It will work with two, but to be same as factory, you need both inner fender liners as well as the holes don't match up to the PP pan due to the cutouts on the inner fenders for the brake cooling kickups.

I did mine a year or two ago and got a PP splitter off ebay (I assume Roush or Petty take offs, I even bought a spare for when I scrape this one due to the savings), but ended up with PP pan and both inner fenders, I don't (and don't want to) remember what the parts cost only that they were alot for some thin plastic.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a shot of the California Special Splitter.
Bolts right on to the base GT / Eco PP with no belly pan change.

https://flic.kr/p/Vdpxy3

Also has fog light splitters and winglets from MMD.
Comparing two other options, the California looks better as far as looking stock but the other aftermarket ones are significantly bigger and cost less. I'm on the fence as far as the struts though.

The bottom one says it is adjustable but I'm not sure how much adjustment you want to make on a street car. Also don't understand how that would work since there is no pivot point behind the struts. I'm thinking it would either loosen tension to allow the splitter to flex under pressure (creating more downward force) or increase tension to cause it to curve inward constantly (and thus defeating the purpose). Either option seems like it would destroy something, either your bumper or the splitter (my money is on the bumper).

One forum member said he has Steeda Progressives and the splitter in the upper picture and has no issues scrapping.

2015-2017%20Mustang%20APR%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Performance%20Pack%20Splitter.jpg

12u900-7.jpg

It will work with two, but to be same as factory, you need both inner fender liners as well as the holes don't match up to the PP pan due to the cutouts on the inner fenders for the brake cooling kickups.

I did mine a year or two ago and got a PP splitter off ebay (I assume Roush or Petty take offs, I even bought a spare for when I scrape this one due to the savings), but ended up with PP pan and both inner fenders, I don't (and don't want to) remember what the parts cost only that they were alot for some thin plastic.
That is what I wanted to know. Seems like it would be a whole bunch of trouble going to a PP splitter.
Sponsored