Powerstop rotor failure

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
Agree with James - ceramic coating. Sheds dirt and protects better than wax. Easy to apply and lasts. A little pricey. I have been using Wolfgang Uber coating purchased from Autogeek, as recommended by my picky Nephew. Applied when my eco was new almost two years ago. Liked it enough that I bought more to do our Lincoln and F150.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I do notice you participate in a lot of threads but you almost always end up stating you won't change from stock.
And I notice you keep saying the same thing man. I WAS going to replace the pads, but brakes are the #1 safety system for me, so decided not to potentially compromise my safety just for less freaking dust. Too many negative reviews of that brand. And other more reputable pads are like $400+, so completely out of the question just for the dust too. Case closed.

I have been using Wolfgang Uber coating purchased from Autogeek
Thank you for that recommendation. May I ask you if you bought the spray bottle? Didn't see anything else. Does it work? And how do you apply it? Glad I haven't started the project, so can order this, and remove wheels until I get it. Thank you.

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
JC,

It came in a hypo with sponge applicator and cloth. You apply it and then wipe the surface after a minute or so. The links below are for 15cc and 30cc quantities. It goes a long way, and the web pages give an idea of much you would use on a car, as well as application instructions. You might gulp when you see the prices, but if you're not in a hurry, Autogeek has lots of promos. I haven't tried any other brands, but there probably are other good products too, if someone wants to chime in.

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating.html
https://www.autogeek.net/best-ceramic-paint-coating.html

Dave

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
JC,

It came in a hypo with sponge applicator and cloth. You apply it and then wipe the surface after a minute or so. The links below are for 15cc and 30cc quantities. It goes a long way, and the web pages give an idea of much you would use on a car, as well as application instructions. You might gulp when you see the prices, but if you're not in a hurry, Autogeek has lots of promos. I haven't tried any other brands, but there probably are other good products too, if someone wants to chime in.

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-ceramic-coating.html
https://www.autogeek.net/best-ceramic-paint-coating.html

Dave
I’ve had excellent results with this: https://www.autogeek.net/bf-pro-ceramic-coating-black-edition.html
it’s great for ceramic coating first-timers, especially in hot and/or humid environments due to its longer working times.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks guys. Is that black edition for black cars only, or can be used on the Bullitt green? It seems like a better value than the other, but will read more about them tomorrow. And yes, it's expensive.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I have used cqaurts uk and i had really good results. Take your time with the paint prep.
Ill just leave this here.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Thanks guys. Is that black edition for black cars only, or can be used on the Bullitt green? It seems like a better value than the other, but will read more about them tomorrow. And yes, it's expensive.
You can use it on any paint color.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
There’s a 25% off sale until midnight tonight.

OP
OP
NavsENG

NavsENG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT , 66 Track coupe, 66 street car
Figured I would update this...

Eric from powerstop (he is the manager of the brake rotor division) got back to me and was able to give me a full refund for the brake kit. I honestly was not expecting this to happen so I appreciate them doing this for me.

They've requested the rotor back so they can do an analysis on this and hopefully determine if there is an issue or this was an anomaly (which is what I was told) .

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is great to hear they stand by their product. Now I am more interested in purchasing their rotor/pad kit.

Eric from powerstop (he is the manager of the brake rotor division) got back to me and was able to give me a full refund for the brake kit. I honestly was not expecting this to happen so I appreciate them doing this for me.

They've requested the rotor back so they can do an analysis on this and hopefully determine if there is an issue or this was an anomaly (which is what I was told) .

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Glad you reached a somewhat happy ending. Freaking Chinese junk... :puke:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I know of a few people that have Power Stops and swear by them......as with any product, there are sometimes failures. I would not use them for tracking, but for the street, I would not hesitate to use them.

I'm guessing that you've had a bad experience with them and can see how you would feel.

Glad you reached a somewhat happy ending. Freaking Chinese junk... :puke: