Sponsored

Power Steering Assist Fault notification???

MyYellowPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Yel GT Prem PP
Had my car dyno tuned yesterday for intake mani and e85. When I drove the car home I got a notification on dash that said “Power Steering Assist Fault”. What in the world is this from? The tuner pulled a fuse to keep stability control/traction control/etc from getting in the way. Didn’t mess with it yet but will be troubleshooting later today. Any advice/suggestions/input? Thanks!
Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My entire steering rack needed to be replaced due that code. Mine came after I unplugged the fuse at the track. After dealer read/cleared code with their scan tool, it hasn’t had an issue since, but I manually turn advancetrac off with the button now lol. Just depends if you lose power steering or not.

OP
OP

MyYellowPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trip Yel GT Prem PP
Was this replaced under warranty? I’m worried they’re gonna bend me over to fix this and my mods have nothing to do with the steering. Lol

r00tbeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Had that after a tune as well. Started the car later in the day after I got home and it went away.

Do you still have the problem?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Was this replaced under warranty? I’m worried they’re gonna bend me over to fix this and my mods have nothing to do with the steering. Lol
Lolll I think he was being sarcastic with having the power steering rack replaced.

Just reset your DCTs and it will go away and most likely not come back.

Weird codes pop up when your on the dyno sometimes. The car doesn't like going 120+mph with the front tires not spinning.

That's the fuse in case you were curious. The 5amp one my finger is pointing at.
20180506_131732-1360x1813.jpg

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It has been an issue and a recall on other Ford vehicles. (Flex and Taurus).

My wife's failed (2013 Taurus) and locked up while in motion but "did not meet the VIN # window for replacement under recall". Cost us $1400 with my discount on the parts. Usually a $2k fix.

SLY550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1968 Chev C10 Short Fleetside, 1982 Holden VH Commodore Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Had my car dyno tuned yesterday for intake mani and e85. When I drove the car home I got a notification on dash that said “Power Steering Assist Fault”. What in the world is this from? The tuner pulled a fuse to keep stability control/traction control/etc from getting in the way. Didn’t mess with it yet but will be troubleshooting later today. Any advice/suggestions/input? Thanks!
Did you end up finding a fix for this issue?
Sponsored