Power Pack 2 install question

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Please don't flame me for this question. I went to the dealer I bought my Mustang from and they cannot order the power pack because they are not a Ford Performance Parts dealer. I asked the question in service about the install price. They quoted me $375 saying it requires 4.5 hours. I have no problem installing the pack and cannot believe trained techs require 4.5 hours. If I get the pack from Levittown Ford what are my options for install and keeping the warranty intact? Would you even consider spending the 375 at that dealer. They are a well respected dealer but I am not cool with being the guinea pig.
Sponsored

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
EFI is right, the paperwork with the PP2 even says that as long as you have a receipt from a ASE mechanic then your warranty is good. That's all I did was help an ASE mechanic out and he did the install for me and provided a receipt. ;)

3.5 hours is probably not that bad for a dealership quote. It is a little high but they probably have not done it since they aren't a Ford Performance dealer and are just trying to make sure they don't under quote you.

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I can absolutely find an ASE mechanic. I thought of doing the CAI and TB myself and taking it to the mechanic for the programming. I showed them the price Levittown has it for sale on their site and they said that was $100 less than their cost.

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
Make sure to use your own PC and register the software using your own email address. So that later on you can do updates yourself without having to go back to the mechanic.

OP
OP
RangersGT

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Make sure to use your own PC and register the software using your own email address. So that later on you can do updates yourself without having to go back to the mechanic
I would not have thought of that, thanks.
Sponsored