Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Here is a close up of the finish I got with my £360 / $500 job :

1613646401709.png

The car needed new tyres / disks / pads so I took the opportunity to do the wheels, paint the disks and callipers etc all at the same time. It was done just before the mustang arrived because I knew I would have other priorities once it did ... :cwl:

WD :like:
Those definitely look better than what I had. Nice color btw. Any idea what powder they used for those. I've been thinking of coating my second Apex set with something similar. That dark anthracite looks good with Kona blue.

If it weren't for the fact that temps have been below 0 for the last 2 weeks, I would have taken them outside for better photos. It is what it is.
Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I know powder coating price varies greatly by area, but if I went to my powder coater and paid him $200 to powder four wheels, the quality of the work you received is what I would expect. My local powder coater starts at about $400 for a set of wheels. Quality of power coating is all about the prep. My coater says he spends about 90% of his labor time on prep.

Doug

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I know powder coating price varies greatly by area, but if I went to my powder coater and paid him $200 to powder four wheels, the quality of the work you received is what I would expect. My local powder coater starts at about $400 for a set of wheels. Quality of power coating is all about the prep. My coater says he spends about 90% of his labor time on prep.

Doug
Same with chrome, that is true.
Sponsored