Sponsored

Possibly buying GT350 today, any last minute advice?

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
Hopefully the owner's manual is in the glove box and if not I suggest that the dealership should be able to provide you with a 2018 GT350 owner's manual at no cost assuming that you are dealing with a Ford dealership?

What color is this vehicle and does it come with OTT stripes or a Black painted roof?

Like you I am not a fan of clear bra's or PPF for that matter but understand and appreciate why other enthusiasts want them on their vehicles.

Would you be able to remove the clear bra from this vehicle assuming that some OTT stripes might not be involved?

If you are interested in the 2018 GT350 production numbers just let me know and will provide them to you for this vehicle?
Yes OTT stripes, so I'd imagine clear bra might be issue then. I have a couple solid leads already for wife's car for detailer so maybe I'll see what they say

He's buying it from a Ford dealer. They should be able to help him out on this type of stuff, for sure.
Yup, this ^^

Carfax shows regular service intervals so hopefully OASIS backs that up

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm trying not to get too excited as it's not a done deal but I'm looking fwd to it. I looked at car originally Wednesday and was already looking mods up that night.
Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yes OTT stripes, so I'd imagine clear bra might be issue then. I have a couple solid leads already for wife's car for detailer so maybe I'll see what they say

Yup, this ^^

Carfax shows regular service intervals so hopefully OASIS backs that up

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm trying not to get too excited as it's not a done deal but I'm looking fwd to it. I looked at car originally Wednesday and was already looking mods up that night.
Stripes aren't an issue with PPF. Mine has PPF, they make the kits where the stripes are done separately instead of 1 whole hood piece. Essentially the hood is 5 pieces, left hood, left stripe, center, right stripe, right hood (obviously same with the rest of the car - roof, trunk etc). It's better doing it this way so it doesn't lift up on the edges of the stripe over time with one whole piece.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
Stripes aren't an issue with PPF. Mine has PPF, they make the kits where the stripes are done separately instead of 1 whole hood piece. Essentially the hood is 5 pieces, left hood, left stripe, center, right stripe, right hood (obviously same with the rest of the car - roof, trunk etc). It's better doing it this way so it doesn't lift up on the edges of the stripe over time with one whole piece.
Good to know. Thanks!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; This likely will not apply to a car from a Ford dealership. I have been following some threads about problems with tuned used Mustangs. Some have had severe issues. I started a thread asking how to learn or know if a used car has a tune.
Best answer so far is to try to get a dealer (Ford???) to check.

Good luck and enjoy if you do the deal.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I traded in a 21 C8 Corvette for a 19 GT350 last year. While everyone else thinks I made a mistake, it was a great decision. The GT350 is a raw and visceral car. I couldn't be happier with the 350. If you get a chance to track it, you have to do it. The car is amazing on track, especially with some Steeda suspension upgrades. Pick up sway bars and the stop the hop kit and the car rides on rails.
I think everyone likes the gt350 over a c8. Or at least they should!

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue with these cars is seeing the types of doofus social media influencers who own them. They are a great car and every time you get in it to drive, you'll feel like it's your first time. As someone said, if it has a warranty, buy it with no regrets.

Aless_andro00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
I'd definitely want to sort out any questions about the exhaust pipe before buying. I'd ask the dealership to explain what's going on, and if I wasn't sure about their answer, I'd get an independent mechanic to check it out. It's a good way to avoid problems or surprise repair bills later on.
Hopefully I'm not too late to chime in

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Since it has a warranty, if it feels good on the test drive, buy it.

Just don't put any track stickers on it.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think everyone likes the gt350 over a c8. Or at least they should!
Looks better, sounds better. Yeah, GT350 for me as well.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
I'd definitely want to sort out any questions about the exhaust pipe before buying. I'd ask the dealership to explain what's going on, and if I wasn't sure about their answer, I'd get an independent mechanic to check it out. It's a good way to avoid problems or surprise repair bills later on.
Hopefully I'm not too late to chime in
Just some plastic or similar that melted to pipe

I have a buddy at non Ford dealer offering warranty for 72/72000 for 2500 from alpha warranty. Any one have info on them by chance?

Zeigler Ford looks like 2500 for 36/30000

Car comes with 3 month 4k miles from dealer

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
OP
OP