Sponsored

Possible theft attempt

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Copy and pasted from Facebook. Hope the owner won't mind. Slightly worrying

Heads up to anyone in area, woke up to find someone has been tampering with our car. Car was locked and parked right out front of our house. Keys obviously kept safe inside. Car doors and boot were all slightly open (not properly shut as if they had been 'soft' closed), no signs of forced entry so might be using some kind of electrical device to overide keyless entry system. In addition our lower outdoor security camera can been pushed to face wall (this would have taken so force as its not easy to move). Police have been notified and taking finger prints as the car had been cleaned and waxed the day before so lots of new prints visable. Nothing missing as we dont leave anything in the car. Feel free to share to make others aware
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Was this in Denmead?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What page was this on, and what car? Does seem slightly worrying, A chap who works with my mum, is a massive focus fan he's been saying lots of RS's have been being stolen.

I hope for the owners sake there's viable video of said person moving the camera, as that shows an intention to cause a misdemeanour.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i read awhile back on here some people may be using some device to extend the reach of our key fob so they could easily open the doors without needing the key fob next to the door

there was a pouch to buy where if you kept inside no signal would be put out even if you were by the car door and if it was in the pouch it would not open it, but i forgot what it was called

just a thought, of course they could of opened it some other way though

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I have the pouches and then the keys are kept in a metal tin. :)

But with the pouch put the key in the pouch on car roof and door or boot will not open, you need it right next to the handle, it really does limit the range vastly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimboy2

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
What page was this on, and what car? Does seem slightly worrying, A chap who works with my mum, is a massive focus fan he's been saying lots of RS's have been being stolen.

I hope for the owners sake there's viable video of said person moving the camera, as that shows an intention to cause a misdemeanour.
Was on a personal page. Was on a Early Mustang GT fastback

I know of a Focus RS being stolen quite local to me too.

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] - would you have a link to the key pouch that you've got? I can see plenty on ebay, but always good to go with a recommendation!

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
I bought a key pouch from China on ebay and can confirm what Gibbo said works well so far.:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)