Sponsored

Possible option for 15" rear wheels?

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I've been doing a ton of research on different rear brake setups with the hope of stumbling across one that will allow the use of 15" rear wheels without breaking the bank.
I've found that there appears to be 2 different rear brake options...
1. Performance pack
2. Standard
I've also found there are 2 different rotors, which one being 12.6" and the other 13". There's possibly a 3rd option as well.
Can anyone clarify this? Has anyone looked into running the smaller rotor, caliper and bracket combo?
Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
You want the drag race baer brake setup. About 900 bucks for the rear and youll lose the parking break. Its probably cheaper just to run a 17in wheel. But i did baer all around for a huge weight loss.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
You want the drag race baer brake setup. About 900 bucks for the rear and youll lose the parking break. Its probably cheaper just to run a 17in wheel. But i did baer all around for a huge weight loss.
I have Baer for the front and would have gotten the rear as well if there was an option to retain the parking brake. Mine is a manual. I'll be installing a Whipple soon, and would like to be able to get a tire with more sidewall. Weird thing is I talked to Weld and their fitment shows the wheel will clear non PP rears. If I could get someone to measure their rotor and caliper distance, I'd be able to know for sure. So far, I haven't found anyone to do that.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I checked out a buddy's V6 yesterday, and confirmed it has smaller brakes. Looks like this very well could be an option to fitting the 15" Welds. Now I just need to find a takeoff set to try em out.
Sponsored