sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You are certifiable. I quit the thread and stayed away because of you and your ilk. It had become akin to tilting at windmills.

I discount what you post because it is nonsense. Mostly MSN opinion pieces and podcasts. I follow up with my own reference which you refuse to even mention and just stick to your weird personal attacks.

I made no mention of Fauci or his emails, stop putting your bias into what you think I am posting. Stick to what I have actually wrote.

Your mind is playing tricks old man.
Hello; I may have a two fer in this reply. If you go back to my post #154 you will see I used quotes taken from Dr. Fauci's e-mails about face masks. I even stated I would be surprised if you dissed on Fauci.
Here is my comment;
"Hello; (my comments) Found these two articles in a quick search. I will be some surprised if a couple of you find the gall to dish on Fauci. The second article will not be a surprise."

Here is your reply to that post of mine from your post #162 .

Quote of CJJon from post #162.
"More nonsense.

You offer a few emails and a radio broadcast as your proof? Funny if there is so much more info out there one would think they could find a better source of "proof".

How about a new study from the American Journal of Infection Control????

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0196655320310439 "

Hello: On the second item I do think it was the science is cancelled thread you quit. But even if I got the threads mixed up and it was this thread, I can handle the grief.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I think we all need to wear this, a full body condom. Of course mine would have to be 2XL
616X9S-goKL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
ok, letā€™s see how this one is called ā€œmore nonsenseā€...

Jesus Christmas, this was March 2020 when there was a severe mask shortage. Within a month the recommendation changed. Also remember at this point he was still being a good little soldier and doing what he was told.

Posting and out of date video is just ridiculous. Of course, if it makes you feel better.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Jesus Christmas, this was March 2020 when there was a severe mask shortage. Within a month the recommendation changed. Also remember at this point he was still being a good little soldier and doing what he was told.

Posting and out of date video is just ridiculous. Of course, if it makes you feel better.
Hello; I have heard this called "the good lie". Thing is a lie is a lie. I would have understood that the front line medical workers need the good masks and I needed to make do. If this was the only dishonorable thing he had done, perhaps I could still have confidence in him. There are other things to add to that list. How about we do it this way. If some want to defend Fauci, let others list the missteps.

Honor is something no one can take away from you. It is something you lose by your actions. The "I am a good little soldier" defense was taken away at the end of WWII. When the man is no longer in a position of influence and power then the video will be out of date.

As we have been told recently he has equated himself to science. Since when is science about telling a lie?

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I have heard this called "the good lie". Thing is a lie is a lie. I would have understood that the front line medical workers need the good masks and I needed to make do. If this was the only dishonorable thing he had done, perhaps I could still have confidence in him. There are other things to add to that list. How about we do it this way. If some want to defend Fauci, let others list the missteps.

Honor is something no one can take away from you. It is something you lose by your actions. The "I am a good little soldier" defense was taken away at the end of WWII. When the man is no longer in a position of influence and power then the video will be out of date.

As we have been told recently he has equated himself to science. Since when is science about telling a lie?
You are totally off your nut. You don't understand science, the scientific method, or situational context.

Dr. Facui did the best he could with the information that he had at the time. He changed or modified his thinking and recommendations as time went on and we learned more about a virus that had never been seen before as any good scientist must. The very fact that you call this out as a negative is enough to inform us all that you really do not know what you are talking about and that you have some weird agenda.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You are totally off your nut. You don't understand science, the scientific method, or situational context.

Dr. Facui did the best he could with the information that he had at the time. He changed or modified his thinking and recommendations as time went on and we learned more about a virus that had never been seen before as any good scientist must. The very fact that you call this out as a negative is enough to inform us all that you really do not know what you are talking about and that you have some weird agenda.
Hello; I do understand about situational context. It was OK to lie to us about not needing a mask in the early stages so the scarce supplies of good masks could be saved for the health care workers. Even I knew he was wrong the very day he told the lie. Yes, even me, whom you claim to be off my nut and someone who does not understand science.
Here is a situational ethics question for you since you are one who keeps posting as to how good wearing a masks is. Fauci told people to not wear a mask so millions went around without them for some time. Using your take on the masks ought to be a clue that early in the pandemic folks were wide open to the infection without a mask. Fauci knew better and it follows a lot of people got sick following his advice using that sort of logic.
I figure the facts will turn out to be the masks we run of the mill folks could buy or make did little to contain the virus, but at that early time Fauci knew the good masks were needed for medical staff.

What I want from those in charge is the best information available. Not some lie. I happen to have some science/biology background so could make a call about wearing a mask. The next time I went into a store after Fauci's no mask needed statement, I was wearing one of my N95 masks. I was surrounded by folks not wearing anything and looking at me askance.
Flash forward a year and we were being told to keep wearing even if vaccinated. So two weeks after my shots I stopped wearing a mask and for a while was looked at askance by folks with one on.
Just recently they finally tell us you do not have to keep wearing a mask if you are vaccinated. Something I understood many weeks before.

Something else I understand and will stand by is those who recover naturally from the virus infection do not need a vaccine shot. I stated such on this thread some time back. Lets us log that one and see if it turns out to be correct. The weird agenda is the push to get all vaccinated when the doses could be spread out if the naturally immune skipped the shot.

I will make a guess and let me be clear I do not know for sure. My guess is one reason some are avoiding the vaccine is because of the misinformation from those at the top of the health agencies. That might just be a side effect of Fauci's "good lie". That he lost the trust of so many people. I have talked to only three so far who are not going to take the shot. One watched her husband be very sick after the second shot. Two others told me they are going to wait and see how it goes with folks like me who took the shots. They do not trust the vaccine yet.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I get your point. It is too early to make a call about the heart problems being linked to the vaccine for sure. This could still turn out either way to be either unrelated directly to the vaccine or directly related to the vaccine. I do not have children so cannot say what decision I would make. This will be a tough call for parents. The odds seem to be that even if infected the young have a mild case. But even with good odds there are a few of the young who do get sick.

I know this will be disputed, but at least a few in the medical field are starting to think we are approaching some level of herd immunity for the initial strains. They count the vaccinated and the natural immunity prople to get at these estimates. I do not have information to make such a call. There ought to be a way to get a clue tho. If herd immunity is being approached there will be fewer and fewer left to be infected so that ought to be reflected in the hospital numbers. The numbers use to be an every day thing in the local TV news, but now they do not report any more. This in TN with one of the lowest vaccine rates in the country. I will keep an eye out on this.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If the masks worked answer me this.

Why are Florida and Texas infections rates the same as locked down and mask required States?

Sponsored
OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
tn covid-19 stats - Bing

Hello; Found a site with information about TN. There is a a graph showing new cases and a seven day average. put the cursor on the graph's red line to get the numbers. It is showing a downward trend the last few days.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I do understand about situational context. It was OK to lie to us about not needing a mask in the early stages so the scarce supplies of good masks could be saved for the health care workers. Even I knew he was wrong the very day he told the lie. Yes, even me, whom you claim to be off my nut and someone who does not understand science.
Here is a situational ethics question for you since you are one who keeps posting as to how good wearing a masks is. Fauci told people to not wear a mask so millions went around without them for some time. Using your take on the masks ought to be a clue that early in the pandemic folks were wide open to the infection without a mask. Fauci knew better and it follows a lot of people got sick following his advice using that sort of logic.
I figure the facts will turn out to be the masks we run of the mill folks could buy or make did little to contain the virus, but at that early time Fauci knew the good masks were needed for medical staff.

What I want from those in charge is the best information available. Not some lie. I happen to have some science/biology background so could make a call about wearing a mask. The next time I went into a store after Fauci's no mask needed statement, I was wearing one of my N95 masks. I was surrounded by folks not wearing anything and looking at me askance.
Flash forward a year and we were being told to keep wearing even if vaccinated. So two weeks after my shots I stopped wearing a mask and for a while was looked at askance by folks with one on.
Just recently they finally tell us you do not have to keep wearing a mask if you are vaccinated. Something I understood many weeks before.

Something else I understand and will stand by is those who recover naturally from the virus infection do not need a vaccine shot. I stated such on this thread some time back. Lets us log that one and see if it turns out to be correct. The weird agenda is the push to get all vaccinated when the doses could be spread out if the naturally immune skipped the shot.

I will make a guess and let me be clear I do not know for sure. My guess is one reason some are avoiding the vaccine is because of the misinformation from those at the top of the health agencies. That might just be a side effect of Fauci's "good lie". That he lost the trust of so many people. I have talked to only three so far who are not going to take the shot. One watched her husband be very sick after the second shot. Two others told me they are going to wait and see how it goes with folks like me who took the shots. They do not trust the vaccine yet.
So many words, so little content...but much confusion.

Where is the question regards "situational ethics"? Your comments there again show your lack of basic understanding. Early on we basically knew very little about a virus that had not been seen before. Early on there was comparatively a tiny number of people infected. As our understanding of the virus improved recommendations changed...which is a good thing!
I could go on and on, but you won't ever get it.

I'll repost this since you seem to have missed it...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0196655320310439

Results
A total of 6 studies were included, involving 4 countries, after a total of 5,178 eligible articles were searched in databases and references. In general, wearing a mask was associated with a significantly reduced risk of COVID-19 infection (ORā€Æ=ā€Æ0.38, 95% CI: 0.21-0.69, I2ā€Æ=ā€Æ54.1%). For the healthcare workers group, masks were shown to have a reduced risk of infection by nearly 70%. Sensitivity analysis showed that the results were robust.

Now this is a real journal article, not some MSN web page. Not an opinion piece. Not a podcast from last year. Not some vague reference to something you read once.

Some people are avoiding the vaccine because they are ignorant, biased or both. The vaccines are marvelously effective and have very few serious side effects. They have figuratively hit it out of the park with the vaccine. Hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated world wide. The vaccine works and is safer than aspirin.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I read the link and came away with this. The author(s) have two themes. One is that California and Florida are different places. Yeah, duh.
The last line in the quote I pulled is the answer. He can't say why Florida is not worse off that California. That ought to be clear enough. Bothe places have cities and people but the open state is doing as good as the lockdown state. The implication is California with it's ongoing lockdowns and restrictions ought to be doing much better.

The other theme is the virus is still new and they do not know enough about it yet. Fair enough in a way, but the lack of experience did not stop those in charge from taking actions such as lockdowns and hanging on to them. There is a clue here. Maybe, just maybe the lockdowns are not effective. Maybe keeping people indoors rather than outside is not the better plan. Duh.

Quotes from the article.
ā€œThere are so many measured and unmeasured variables that are different between those states. And all of those are at play right now. Youā€™re asking us to have a deep understanding of a virus thatā€™s only been around for 12 to 14 months,ā€ said Brian C. Castrucci, DrPH, president and chief executive officer of the de Beaumont Foundation and a former director of state health departments in Georgia and Texas.

Some of those variables that change state by state include differences in housing density (including how many families live together in a single apartment or apartment complex) and the number of densely populated cities where superspreader events can quickly lead to a large spike in cases, as well as income level, age, and race.

But separating out and controlling for those variables is difficult at this stage.

ā€œI canā€™t explain why Florida is not worse off than it is. I donā€™t know why,ā€ Castrucci told Healthline. ā€œWe discount that little word novel, right [in novel coronavirus]? Weā€™re still learning a lot about this virus.ā€

Hello; Since twin #1 is back and is trying his old tactics I will try to use "twin speak" myself. I will not be as good at the tactic. The idea seems to be to try to cast the opposition as not being very smart, or not able to understand, or selfish, or biased or some such. That is supposed make folks think less of the comments myself and others make. I do not think much of the tactic, but figured to take a stab at it. I get the tactic adds nothing to the conversation, but here is my version.

Hello CJJon; Glad the nurses on the ward have given you back your computer privileges. Maybe you will get some sharp objects back soon. (pretty weak I know but I do not have as much practice.)

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I read the link and came away with this. The author(s) have two themes. One is that California and Florida are different places. Yeah, duh.
The last line in the quote I pulled is the answer. He can't say why Florida is not worse off that California. That ought to be clear enough. Bothe places have cities and people but the open state is doing as good as the lockdown state. The implication is California with it's ongoing lockdowns and restrictions ought to be doing much better.

The other theme is the virus is still new and they do not know enough about it yet. Fair enough in a way, but the lack of experience did not stop those in charge from taking actions such as lockdowns and hanging on to them. There is a clue here. Maybe, just maybe the lockdowns are not effective. Maybe keeping people indoors rather than outside is not the better plan. Duh.

Quotes from the article.
ā€œThere are so many measured and unmeasured variables that are different between those states. And all of those are at play right now. Youā€™re asking us to have a deep understanding of a virus thatā€™s only been around for 12 to 14 months,ā€ said Brian C. Castrucci, DrPH, president and chief executive officer of the de Beaumont Foundation and a former director of state health departments in Georgia and Texas.

Some of those variables that change state by state include differences in housing density (including how many families live together in a single apartment or apartment complex) and the number of densely populated cities where superspreader events can quickly lead to a large spike in cases, as well as income level, age, and race.

But separating out and controlling for those variables is difficult at this stage.

ā€œI canā€™t explain why Florida is not worse off than it is. I donā€™t know why,ā€ Castrucci told Healthline. ā€œWe discount that little word novel, right [in novel coronavirus]? Weā€™re still learning a lot about this virus.ā€

Hello; Since twin #1 is back and is trying his old tactics I will try to use "twin speak" myself. I will not be as good at the tactic. The idea seems to be to try to cast the opposition as not being very smart, or not able to understand, or selfish, or biased or some such. That is supposed make folks think less of the comments myself and others make. I do not think much of the tactic, but figured to take a stab at it. I get the tactic adds nothing to the conversation, but here is my version.

Hello CJJon; Glad the nurses on the ward have given you back your computer privileges. Maybe you will get some sharp objects back soon. (pretty weak I know but I do not have as much practice.)
You seem to be a legend in your own mind.

Again, your confusion is palpable. The quote you pulled is one that I was actually going to post! It proves my point. We don't know why, so you can't make a snap judgement that masks are ineffective. There are too many variables to account for including not knowing enough about a new, novel virus. Wearing a mask is a trivial thing. Data and studies have shown that they are generally effective. Choosing not to wear one is (was) selfish.

The 'tactic' is indeed to show that you are not very smart, don't understand basic concepts of science, are very selfish and quite biased. Folks should absolutely think less of your comments because of it.

Maybe you should drop the keyboard and finally get yourself a Mustang and go have some fun for the last few years you have left.
Sponsored