Sponsored

Possible airbag recall???

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Just heard that one of the major airbag manufacturers has issued a massive recall on their airbags, multiple car companies.
Does anyone know if the 2015 Stang uses this company's airbags?
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
OP
OP

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Takata recall update...older cars and high humidity. 4 deaths already confirmed from airbag explosions on older cars located in Southern States. I guess I am glad my new vert will reside here along the Canadian border.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Bump. I was looking into this and i read mustang 05-14 have these airbags. Can anyone confirm we don't have these?

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Bump. I was looking into this and i read mustang 05-14 have these airbags. Can anyone confirm we don't have these?
Ford recalled all models that had Takata airbags. The S550 does not use them, they were only used in some previous generation Mustangs.

Brand new Honda/Acura and Toyota models still are using Takata airbags with ammonium nitrate inflators, they don't give a shit about the safety of Americans. They will only be required to recall and replace them after more deaths occur, and Honda/Takata have until 2019 to prove that their inflators are "safe". Which of course equates to more time for them to come up with excuses as to why they aren't responsible.

Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I can confirm that the 2012 Mustang is in the Airbag recall. I got the initial notice, but never got the notice that the parts were in.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Ford recalled all models that had Takata airbags. The S550 does not use them, they were only used in some previous generation Mustangs.

Brand new Honda/Acura and Toyota models still are using Takata airbags with ammonium nitrate inflators, they don't give a shit about the safety of Americans. They will only be required to recall and replace them after more deaths occur, and Honda/Takata have until 2019 to prove that their inflators are "safe". Which of course equates to more time for them to come up with excuses as to why they aren't responsible.
Ummm what? The S550 does use Takata, they haven't been recalled, and aren't the same but they still use Takata.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=831865&postcount=5

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6