Ported cobra jet?

Landis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 2014 Mustang GT
I’ve read all the dyno test and comparisons I can find about intake manifolds, but has anyone compared a ported Cobra Jet against a ported 18? Thinking of putting a ported cobra jet on my 18 so it got me wondering what the difference would be.
Sponsored

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
your wondering if the cheaper option is the better option. In this case, this is completely false. Get the cobra jet.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I’ve read all the dyno test and comparisons I can find about intake manifolds, but has anyone compared a ported Cobra Jet against a ported 18? Thinking of putting a ported cobra jet on my 18 so it got me wondering what the difference would be.
Depending on what your goals are, if you plan on going max effort NA, Cobra Jet works well. If you plan on ever throwing boost at it, I would personally just stick with a ported 18, they do very well with boost and its what I have on my 1200whp car. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Lethalperformance.com

OP
OP

Landis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 2014 Mustang GT
Depending on what your goals are, if you plan on going max effort NA, Cobra Jet works well. If you plan on ever throwing boost at it, I would personally just stick with a ported 18, they do very well with boost and its what I have on my 1200whp car. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Lethalperformance.com
Yeah don’t see boost in the future for this one. I have 14 mustang I’m building as a race car so I know the rabbit hole that I would end up in. I’m thinking ported cobra jet and maybe cat delete for a little more power. The one drawback I see with the cobra jet in the cai for it. I read Steeda may be releasing one for the cobra jet so I’m waiting to see how that goes. However I already have a pmas on the car so I’m not sure what I will end up with for cai.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah don’t see boost in the future for this one. I have 14 mustang I’m building as a race car so I know the rabbit hole that I would end up in. I’m thinking ported cobra jet and maybe cat delete for a little more power. The one drawback I see with the cobra jet in the cai for it. I read Steeda may be releasing one for the cobra jet so I’m waiting to see how that goes. However I already have a pmas on the car so I’m not sure what I will end up with for cai.
We are closer to releasing - should have an update tomorrow :)

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The official/unofficial response - we are still several weeks out but could be sooner than that :) - the truth lies in the middle!

TJ
Sponsored