Ported Cobra Jet Manifold Overview install on 2018

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! I saw others mention this as well.
Just confirmed my buddy has the BMR Motor Mounts, dropped 1/2" and it doesn't touch the hood. He didn't need to cut anything at all, just removed the hood liner. I have also read this in several other forums as well. I am not sure why your car would be any different.
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to put the K-Bracing back on? Not sure of the true name, but I am talking about the 2 black braces going towards the firewall from the strut tower that you mentioned in your video to get access to disconnect the IMRC plugs.

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Just confirmed my buddy has the BMR Motor Mounts, dropped 1/2" and it doesn't touch the hood. He didn't need to cut anything at all, just removed the hood liner. I have also read this in several other forums as well. I am not sure why your car would be any different.
Not sure, another member on here, including someone else on a FB group also told me that they had the brackets and they still had to cut. I received 50/50 answers, some told me that they did not have to cut while others told me that they did. My hood definitely closes, but it definitely hits lol.

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Were you able to put the K-Bracing back on? Not sure of the true name, but I am talking about the 2 black braces going towards the firewall from the strut tower that you mentioned in your video to get access to disconnect the IMRC plugs.
Yes, it's back on now. Put it back on without any problems.

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Just in case anyone is wondering on costs for the CJ to be swapped. $700 for CJ, $300 for ported, $300 for VMP 69, $170 for Brackets, $100 for re tune.

Only took one revision, she seems to be running good, once I get a chance I'll take to track to see how she is running, not sure if axles will hold up though.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just in case anyone is wondering on costs for the CJ to be swapped. $700 for CJ, $300 for ported, $300 for VMP 69, $170 for Brackets, $100 for re tune.

Only took one revision, she seems to be running good, once I get a chance I'll take to track to see how she is running, not sure if axles will hold up though.
Those are some killer prices you got on the intake and throttle body!

However, for the average person doing this, myself included, no way these prices are what the average person should expect the full upgrade to cost. And you also need some type of CAI because the stock stuff will not work with the CJ. This is easily a $2K+ range upgrade for all new parts. Maybe can find deals on used stuff.

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Those are some killer prices you got on the intake and throttle body!

However, for the average person doing this, myself included, no way these prices are what the average person should expect the full upgrade to cost. And you also need some type of CAI because the stock stuff will not work with the CJ. This is easily a $2K+ range upgrade for all new parts. Maybe can find deals on used stuff.
Yes no doubt about it, it was more of a "if you look around you too can find good prices".. I waited and waited until I found some good deals, the CJ was brand new, guy never used it, went a different route. TB basically new, but used, CAI I spent $200, used as well..

If new, then yes, this would have cost more than $2k.

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
Yes no doubt about it, it was more of a "if you look around you too can find good prices".. I waited and waited until I found some good deals, the CJ was brand new, guy never used it, went a different route. TB basically new, but used, CAI I spent $200, used as well..

If new, then yes, this would have cost more than $2k.
$1000 intake
$300 port (plus $100 to ship)
$800 TB
$380 PMAS
$150 lowering mounts (my guess)
$500 (Fore Rails not needed)

My costs buying all new last year. There's definitely savings if your patient.

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
$1000 intake
$300 port (plus $100 to ship)
$800 TB
$380 PMAS
$150 lowering mounts (my guess)
$500 (Fore Rails not needed)

My costs buying all new last year. There's definitely savings if your patient.

Yeah same prices I was looking at new, minus the rails. Decided to wait for good deals to pop up.

15BlackMamba

Caged with Rage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Curious since all I hear Is finally they got the Steeda/CJ combo finally drivable, are you all running E85R tune or Flex Tune? I’m still hearing that the Flex hasn’t been sorted out yet and 93 or Corn is fine...smh

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious since all I hear Is finally they got the Steeda/CJ combo finally drivable, are you all running E85R tune or Flex Tune? I’m still hearing that the Flex hasn’t been sorted out yet and 93 or Corn is fine...smh
I will be installing my ported CJ manifold, VMP 137 Mono, and Steeda CAI in the morning. I had my existing PBD E85 tune updated for this combo.

Not sure why people sweat the Flex tunes. If you have E85 available where you live, it is a no brainer. I have never been back on 93 since I first went to E85 last July. I use the same Sunoco E85 that is 3 miles from my house that I test monthly and it is always ~85%.

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Funny that you say that, I THOUGHT mine was good but she shut off on me yesterday. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes when I come to a stop she starts to buckle until I press the gas again and it clears up.

On the highway I’ve noticed a “hiccup” while cruising, she’s driving and then I feel like a draw of some sort.

Reached out to Lund today and they said it’s definitely the Steeda, that MAF reading was too erratic and that he could not fix that with a tune. That I needed the Ford racing CAI, I asked if he recommended any other intakes and he said no.

Going to clean my air sensor and see if it helps any ‍♂.

15BlackMamba

Caged with Rage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I will be installing my ported CJ manifold, VMP 137 Mono, and Steeda CAI in the morning. I had my existing PBD E85 tune updated for this combo.

Not sure why people sweat the Flex tunes. If you have E85 available where you live, it is a no brainer. I have never been back on 93 since I first went to E85 last July. I use the same Sunoco E85 that is 3 miles from my house that I test monthly and it is always ~85%.
I agree however some people like the no hassle of the ecu adjusting to the fuel instead of taking minutes to swap tunes. Efficiency for the couch potatoes...lol

15BlackMamba

Caged with Rage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I have to admit that all other CAI’s work with flex so it’s just a matter of time till it’s sorted out. Box it up and keep it, get a Pmas,JLT or FR for Flex in the meantime. Still think the Steeda blows them all away with IAT’s and top end on 93 and E85R. Flex coming soon

OP
OP
OrangeFury1

OrangeFury1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I have to admit that all other CAI’s work with flex so it’s just a matter of time till it’s sorted out. Box it up and keep it, get a Pmas,JLT or FR for Flex in the meantime. Still think the Steeda blows them all away with IAT’s and top end on 93 and E85R. Flex coming soon
My thing is how did my logs go from “looking great” to “MAF nose is erratic” when asked if they could take a look at it. Not bashing anyone, just something that stood out to me.
Sponsored