Pop noise while driving

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
While driving home today my car made a little pop noise. Does anyone know what it is? While driving I thought it might have been an exhaust pop but looking back at the dashcam footage it sounds like it happened while shifting. I don't have any dash-lights on and didn't mess up a shift. I posted an extended clip out of my rear dashcam to show that I didn't run over anything.

Sponsored

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Unturned fuel in the hot exhaust pipes will cause a pop or backfire which can usually be seen in the form of a mini fireball. If it does it consistently, have someone follow you and record it for verification.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I figured.

I've the car for about 6.5 months and it was my first time hearing it.
Nothing to be worried about; it won’t hurt a thing, but may scare someone, LOL. I’ve had it happen a couple of times in my Bullitt. Some people get a burble tune that causes it to pop and sound like a machine is gun going off.

OP
OP
Whitest Russian

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Out of curiosity, is there a way to check to see if my car is tuned using Forscan? I found an older thread and it seemed to recommend going to the dealer. I've taken it to the dealer in the past for some warranty work and asked if they could check on a check engine light that I had pop up for like 30 seconds ~ 2 months after I got the car. Would they have seen something then?

I don't think it is tuned but I would like to know for sure.
Sponsored