Sponsored

Poor Mustang GT lap on "The Grand Tour"?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
However I still think that if you want to go on track there cheaper and easier cars to drive than a Mustang.
You might be right. Name one and we can discuss.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
You have to take those Grand Tout or Top Gear lap times with a grain of salt. They are for entertainment purposes...The only true measurable comparison is same driver, same day, same time....

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have to take those Grand Tout or Top Gear lap times with a grain of salt. They are for entertainment purposes...The only true measurable comparison is same driver, same day, same time....
That's why I posted the video between the Mustang GT and Focus RS same day, same driver, same track obviously impossible to run at exactly the same time :D

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
In that video, I love the part where Clarkson says the Mustang is for driving down the Pacific Coast Hwy listening to Don Henley. I have a lot of Don Henley (and Eagles) music I listen too when I'm driving mine. And when I'm looking to push it, time for Billy Idol - White Wedding...…...…..

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
That's why I posted the video between the Mustang GT and Focus RS same day, same driver, same track obviously impossible to run at exactly the same time :D
Clarkson says it well when he explains to two cars, Pacific Coast Hwy - Don Henley, and Stelvio Pass - The Clash...… That says it all.....

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clarkson says it well when he explains to two cars, Pacific Coast Hwy - Don Henley, and Stelvio Pass - The Clash...… That says it all.....
Obviously we are all in this forum as we love our Stag's don't get me wrong I chose not to buy a Focus RS but it's faster around a track actually a lot of cars are faster around a track. But the Mustang is just a classic car and I love how the S550 looks and feels after all is a 55 years old car and that's a lot of history not like the Focus. I love the fact that my car is in a color that was popular in the 70's for example.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Isn't a Focus RS actually more expensive than a Mustang GT? I thought you said cheaper and better.

What I've heard is the RS is probably better for small stuff like autocross, but the GT is probably better on an actual road course.

I could see finding a cheap Boss 302. That might be a good choice to spend less and still have a quick car on the road course. I prefer the IRS on the 6G Mustang, though. It's maybe more a roughly equivalent choice rather than clearly superior. How about a C5 Z06?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
...but like, how do you drive two cars, like...at the same time?
conspiracy-keanu.jpg
Really! Same time means back to back, or maybe it's front to front, not the next day or next week...….

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't a Focus RS actually more expensive than a Mustang GT? I thought you said cheaper and better.

What I've heard is the RS is probably better for small stuff like autocross, but the GT is probably better on an actual road course.

I could see finding a cheap Boss 302. That might be a good choice to spend less and still have a quick car on the road course. I prefer the IRS on the 6G Mustang, though. It's maybe more a roughly equivalent choice rather than clearly superior. How about a C5 Z06?
In the states probably in Europe and in my country Focus RS is 20 000 euro cheaper than a equivalent Mustang GT. On the Ring both cars are divided by 0.5 secs and this is in favour to the Focus RS.

However let's say that we want to stay in the GT4 class you probably want to look into some second hand M3's like the E92 for example which is much cheaper than an S550 have IRS and better suspension out of the factory and ton's of after market as well.

C5 Z06 will surely be better but this is in the GT3 class and this goes with more expenses in maintenance for the car on track.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In the states probably in Europe and in my country Focus RS is 20 000 euro cheaper than a equivalent Mustang GT. On the Ring both cars are divided by 0.5 secs and this is in favour to the Focus RS.

However let's say that we want to stay in the GT4 class you probably want to look into some second hand M3's like the E92 for example which is much cheaper than an S550 have IRS and better suspension out of the factory and ton's of after market as well.

C5 Z06 will surely be better but this is in the GT3 class and this goes with more expenses in maintenance for the car on track.
I would own a Focus RS if I could buy one new for $15,000 - even though I find the ergonomics to be terrible in that car.

Over here BMWs are also expensive for what you get IMO. I've looked at them and I'm not tempted. In theory I want one, but every time I look at them the price is too high.

I probably would own something made locally if I lived in Europe, but it seems that shipping them to the US costs too much.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would own a Focus RS if I could buy one new for $15,000 - even though I find the ergonomics to be terrible in that car.

Over here BMWs are also expensive for what you get IMO. I've looked at them and I'm not tempted. In theory I want one, but every time I look at them the price is too high.

I probably would own something made locally if I lived in Europe, but it seems that shipping them to the US costs too much.
Same way here I paid 46 000$ for a 2017 GB Mustang GT PP which is a lot. However Focus RS was easy to find here at around 40000$. I hope that the new Focus will get RS variation as well. On the BMWs we have tons of them used for not a lot of money for example you can find a E92 335i for around 10000$. Don't know what the prices in the states for such cars are.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stateside the Focus is being limited to the Chinese built "Focus Active" crossover-thing. It's a 3-cyl...No ST...No RS. Europe gets them, but Ford thinks Americans don't want sedans anymore. Well, if you don't sell something, no one will buy it...
Yeah as a fiesta owner myself I'm kind of sad to see them cut from the States markets. I hate SUV's and Crossover's but obviously that's what everyone wants to buy. On the other hand you guys have some amazing sedans like the Honda Accord that is no longer selling in Europe but looked amazing to me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Same way here I paid 46 000$ for a 2017 GB Mustang GT PP which is a lot. However Focus RS was easy to find here at around 40000$. I hope that the new Focus will get RS variation as well. On the BMWs we have tons of them used for not a lot of money for example you can find a E92 335i for around 10000$. Don't know what the prices in the states for such cars are.
Oh - so 20,000 Euros is only $6,000? I thought they were roughly equivalent in value between the dollar and Euro. Earlier you said the RS was 20,000 Euros cheaper than the Mustang.
Sponsored