Not open for further replies.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
Humans have been around a long time without wearing masks.

So I guess I'll be selfish
Humans have been around a long time without indoor plumbing as well.

What's your point poopie pants?
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
See there you go attacking me ? Did I ever attack you or say a bad word about you? People like you are in for a very rude awakening just look at what happen at the capital? That is just a very small percentage of the middle American who had enough! There will be civil war again!
Not much happened in the Capital, but quite of lot at the Capitol.....
Frankly, and that is a very sad reflection of the times we live in, I’m not surprised at all that with your attitude and character, you are glorifying what happened on January 6
It was nothing more than a frontal attack on our republic by a bunch of cult-like domestic terrorists.... beating cops with an AMERICAN flag...
Disgraceful

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
See there you go attacking me ? Did I ever attack you or say a bad word about you? People like you are in for a very rude awakening just look at what happen at the capital? That is just a very small percentage of the middle American who had enough! There will be civil war again!
Hopefully the next time domestic terrorists try to attack the Capitol - or Capital - they get a taste of some non-rubber antiterrorism measures.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
bunch of cult-like domestic terrorists....
But the rioters, err peaceful protesters, get a pass in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis....

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
But the rioters, err peaceful protesters, get a pass in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis....
Did anyone here suggest that they should get a free pass or are you building a strawman argument?

Whataboutism at it’s finest.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Of course not, they should not but it is not of the same magnitude than what has happened on January 6
Are you telling me that your are equating riots with the attack on our Capitol?
Both are wrong but the riots are of the magnitude of a pipe bomb and the Capitol of a nuclear bomb
You are too smart not to know the difference

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
Of course not, they should not but it is not of the same magnitude than what has happened on January 6
Are you telling me that your are equating riots with the attack on our Capitol?
Both are wrong but the riots are of the magnitude of a pipe bomb and the Capitol of a nuclear bomb
You are too smart not to know the difference
This is a bit over the top, how much economic damage and injury happened in these city riots vs attack on the Capitol? I'm not saying the Capitol situation wasn't serious or a big deal, but come on...

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
This is a bit over the top, how much economic damage and injury happened in these city riots vs attack on the Capitol? I'm not saying the Capitol situation wasn't serious or a big deal, but come on...
Never has been before such an attack on our Republic , the real damage is not of a material or even physical nature but rather go the the very fabric of our institutions when a bunch of cult-like domestic terrorists try to accomplish by force and violence what they could not do through the ballot box
And don’t give me that crap about stolen elections, it what the cult-like and Qanon fanatics would like you to believe ....

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; If the thread is to be allowed to venture deep into political stuff then I have much to say. However on a different site there was a tactic employed by a side when their frail arguments begin to be thrashed. That tactic was to drift the thread into banned areas and get the thread closed.
I guess they like the idea of all speech being stopped rather than see the flaws of their favored ideas being exposed for what they are.
I will not play into this tactic. My hope is the moderators will deal only with the offenders and leave the thread alone.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; If the thread is to be allowed to venture deep into political stuff then I have much to say. However on a different site there was a tactic employed by a side when their frail arguments begin to be thrashed. That tactic was to drift the thread into banned areas and get the thread closed.
I guess they like the idea of all speech being stopped rather than see the flaws of their favored ideas being exposed for what they are.
I will not play into this tactic. My hope is the moderators will deal only with the offenders and leave the thread alone.
Maybe go back over the thread and work out which ”side” managed to deviate the topic from “who’s getting a Covid shot” to “how I feel about the riots from last year”.

Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
Who are you lying to? Yourself?
Because none of us are buying what you're selling.

Nobody thinks they should get a free pass. Violence is violence. All violence should be shut down immediately. And by any means necessary. That's all I got to say about that. Next.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You make a good point but it’s almost impossible with the covid itself being politicized.

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
Never has been before such an attack on our Republic , the real damage is not of a material or even physical nature but rather go the the very fabric of our institutions when a bunch of cult-like domestic terrorists try to accomplish by force and violence what they could not do through the ballot box
And don’t give me that crap about stolen elections, it what the cult-like and Qanon fanatics would like you to believe ....
And look at how they succeeded... oh wait, they didn't. And you're going to tell me that billions of dollars in economic damages to these communities, and hundreds of injuries to officers and rioters was less damaging to our nation than a bunch of idiots throwing a tantrum at the Capitol?
And, way to project with your last sentence..

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
No crying wolf now. You know as well as I do that there has been no mention of Red vs Blue political issues.

We've discussed the vaccine, masks, viruses...topics that deal with public and personal health and risk reduction. None of that is political (at least none of that should be political to anyone with sense).

We have not discussed the shutdowns to any significant degree - as that topic does seem somewhat political because of the economic effects.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
And look at how they succeeded... oh wait, they didn't. And you're going to tell me that billions of dollars in economic damages to these communities, and hundreds of injuries to officers and rioters was less damaging to our nation than a bunch of idiots throwing a tantrum at the Capitol?
i agree 100% with your description of the Capitol attackers, so we agree way more than we disagree and I don’t pretend to “own” the truth
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.