Sponsored

Police Interceptor?

Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in-between
Like the old Fox bodies of yore, will police departments be recruiting these new models for service? If so, what kind of equipment is expected to be included?
Sponsored

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
At least here in McAllen, they probably be used for the McAllen Independent School District PD if they were to make them

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Albany PD in Oregon uses unmarked Mustangs as traffic sharks. They had a Silver 14 GT for a while, and a white 2011 GT before that.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What do you mean as traffic sharks? Were they baiting people into racing?
No, unmarked cars (typically that you wouldn't expect as police vehicles) that people feel safe flying by, taunting, etc.

Traffic shark= Only purpose in the entire world is to enforce traffic laws and give tickets, like motorcycle officers.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
No, unmarked cars (typically that you wouldn't expect as police vehicles) that people feel safe flying by, taunting, etc.

Traffic shark= Only purpose in the entire world is to enforce traffic laws and give tickets, like motorcycle officers.
+1. Was in Oregon last year and saw a 05-09 S197 GT pull over a vehicle.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
Do these unmarked cars pull people over, or radio ahead to a marked car to pull you over for speeding?

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
promise they will have one or two in my county

and yes they pull you over

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
We are told in GA to not pull over for unmarked cars, simply because we don't use unmarked cars for traffic stops. Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I wish we had that here in MD :(

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
I wish we had that here in MD :(
I hear ya!! Dangerous for Georgians traveling to MD. :headbonk: I wouldn't pull over. LOL I guess I'd be on the news for a low speed "OJ chase." I think, in the past, there have been rapists and robbers using a blue light to pull women or victims over at night. I tell my 19 year old daughter to drive to a police station if an unmarked car tries to pull her over.

RB510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Raven Black, PP, 50 Years)
I hear ya!! Dangerous for Georgians traveling to MD. :headbonk: I wouldn't pull over. LOL I guess I'd be on the news for a low speed "OJ chase." I think, in the past, there have been rapists and robbers using a blue light to pull women or victims over at night. I tell my 19 year old daughter to drive to a police station if an unmarked car tries to pull her over.
Also calling an emergency dispatch center and advising of the possible impending traffic stop with current location is advisable.

Although I believe that is more urban legend / myth and Snopes material than an incident which is likely to occur.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
Also calling an emergency dispatch center and advising of the possible impending traffic stop with current location is advisable.

Although I believe that is more urban legend / myth and Snopes material than an incident which is likely to occur.
True!

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
On I-65 north of Louisville, I have seen an F150 unmarked and pulling people over.
Sponsored