Sponsored

PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

Thinkn3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT/PP, 66 Fairlane XL390
Thanks for the info. I should be fine and already decided to purchase this intake. Coming next week. Does your tank touch the intake tube?

I decided that if I'm going to do an intake I want big flow. It should never be a bottleneck to any other bolt-on I do in the future.
The intake made a big difference to me, its worth the money.

Both of these are really hard plastic and thick.
I can always move the tank, so I will keep a eye on it for wear.
I am more worried about a heat transfer issue.

On my way to cruise the coast! :cheers:
P1050292.JPG
P1050292-2.jpg
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For what it's worth I have been paying more attention to the air/fuel readings in the gage menu. It seems that the car is pretty constant save for slight fluctuations, and then things like decel show it spiking higher. I want to get used to looking at it to see if the readings differ with a new intake. What I am reading about the PMAS, indicates it will be calibrated properly (MAF), so that the car's ecu can make proper adjustment for the increased air. I will get to see for myself how it performs next week.
The only time you should really worry about afr and lambda is WOT.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
anyone have a difficult time getting the filter to stay on the coupler. my sits on the silver tube by only the tiniest little lip. theres not a bracket or anything to keep the filter on. i need help. i feel like im missing something

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
anyone have a difficult time getting the filter to stay on the coupler. my sits on the silver tube by only the tiniest little lip. theres not a bracket or anything to keep the filter on. i need help. i feel like im missing something
We pin them now with allen set screws. We can send a new one out if you are having problems with it.

Sponsored

Slater_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cali, 2016 GT premium
Just installed everything today and I have to say... I'm not sure why everyone says this thing is ugly. It is massive and looks damn good in the engine bay. I did purchase the tune required combo from Lethal Performance (thank you yet again) that came with the sct x4 and the Lund tune. My first impression on the test drive for a CAI and a tune was more than I thought it would be. Throttle response is very nice and the car sounds a whole lot throatier. My quick test drive had me smiling instantly.
I did the same thing a few other people did and rotated the maf sensor into the "filter box" since it did seem like the wires were a little too stretched. Installation was a bit of a pain since everything is so tightly compacted together but it is pretty straight forward.
Thanks again to Lethal Performance and PMAS for a solid product!
20160922_142141.jpg
20160922_142146.jpg
20160922_142151.jpg
20160922_142157.jpg

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I know someone here broke the plastic clip and found the part on internet but can't find the post. Any idea what is the part number and where to buy it? I broke mine lol

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I know someone here broke it and found the part on internet but can't find the post. Any idea what is the part number and where to buy it? I broke mine lol

Sounds like you followed the bad PMAS install instructions which will have you breaking those clips in no time. Check out this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64974

[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] you guys really need to fix those instructions like you said you would after I pointed this out several months back!

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Sounds like you followed the bad PMAS install instructions which will have you breaking those clips in no time. Check out this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64974

[MENTION=15451]PMAS[/MENTION] you guys really need to fix those instructions like you said you would after I pointed this out several months back!

Nope, I knew already not to release the clip like that. I only used my hands trying to release both sides at the same time but all of a sudden, i had the clip in my hand in two pieces lol

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Nope, I knew already not to release the clip like that. I only used my hands trying to release both sides at the same time but all of a sudden, i had the clip in my hand in two pieces lol
Nah, you still boogered it. The clip is really easy and won't break if you don't try to remove it. You push *in* on the big part of the clip and presto, you can pull the hose off. You can do it in seconds when you know the trick and don't try to remove the clip like the PMAS instructions say to do.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Nah, you still boogered it. The clip is really easy and won't break if you don't try to remove it. You push *in* on the big part of the clip and presto, you can pull the hose off. You can do it in seconds when you know the trick and don't try to remove the clip like the PMAS instructions say to do.
That is what happened indeed. Gonna see if a mechanic friend got any in the shop tomorrow.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na

Buenhombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance Pack, Ruby Red
I got replacement clips at auto zone.
Sponsored