Plug ID please

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
There isn an electrical plug on the inner fender next to the air filter box that has a "feed back loop" in a dead end plug. Does anyone know what it is for? I just opened my hood to check the oil and noticed a mouse was building a nest on it and chewed 80% through the "feed back wire loop, car still runs fine but need to know what this plug does, or what its called.
Also any good way to deter mice , car is parked outdoors.
Thanks, Bob
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
1605628716940.png

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
thats the dyno plug. Unplug the plug and turn your car on, is traction control and advanced traction control turned off without you pushing and holding the button?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
There isn an electrical plug on the inner fender next to the air filter box that has a "feed back loop" in a dead end plug. Does anyone know what it is for? I just opened my hood to check the oil and noticed a mouse was building a nest on it and chewed 80% through the "feed back wire loop, car still runs fine but need to know what this plug does, or what its called.
Also any good way to deter mice , car is parked outdoors.
Thanks, Bob

Curious how often you drive move the car ?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Exactly. This plug disables the ABS module and therefore all traction controls for dyno testing.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Exactly. This plug disables the ABS module and therefore all traction controls for dyno testing.
It most certainly does not disable ABS module - since I have driven with it unplugged and ABS was clearly working (yes, I braked hard enough to activate it, on purpose).

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Maybe it does not disable the ABS module completely. This plug is C126 and it controls a power line from fuse F62 to the ABS module. The ABS module has two more power lines for the pump and valves.
At least the traction control functions of the ABS module should be disabled.

OP
OP

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
thanks for the info I will check to see if abs or traction control is disabled , if not I will just finish taping it up with 3M electrical tape.
and to answer the question of how often I move or drive it, three to five days a week since the pandemic hit but less than 500 miles a month, last year 6 to 7 days a week with an average of 1,000 miles a month.
great pic of the cat, don't have one !

FOLLOW UP.. everything works as new so just taped up the wires as is, going to get peppermint oil and soak a few cotton balls , placing them in the engine compartment seems to work/help according to quite a few people.
I would use traps under the car , but, don't want to hurt other innocent wildlife or pets and won't put them in the engine compartment.. no need to entice the little buggers in.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I don't know how you would keep mice away while parked outside. Maybe dig a moat around the car? That would certainly work 100%.

Mousetraps and peanut butter under the car might help some. Mice are dicks though.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Glue traps found at Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc will take care of mice...

I know you said you don’t want to hurt “wildlife”, but as much as a mouse is wildlife, it’s a rodent and pest that can cause destruction.

If it has made it’s way into your engine compartment and has already eaten through that wiring harness - imagine what one can do if it makes it into the interior....

and on that note, a mouse can squeeze through a hole that is the size of a quarter - or smaller. So the last thing you need is for that rodent getting into your interior, because there’s plenty of mass destruction it can cause inside the car (even if you can’t see it).

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Anyone have a picture of this?
Sponsored