2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Forum, I'm really hoping you can help me out. I have a 2021 Mach 1 and today I noticed what I thought were missing rear brake covers. But just to be sure, can somebody tell me if this looks like the cover is missing, or is this the way it is supposed to look? Does anyone have a pic of their rear Brembo brakes? Thanks so much for your help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
There's no rear Brembo brakes, and there's nothing missing there.

That's how rear brakes look like on non Shelby models.

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
I think that's normal for the standard rear calipers. I can't post a pic as my car is FJG so has orange ones.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Is that an actual picture of your calipers?
The corrosion is unbelivable.
Looks like they were submerged.

Also, they are the correct calipers.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Dear Forum, I'm really hoping you can help me out. I have a 2021 Mach 1 and today I noticed what I thought were missing rear brake covers. But just to be sure, can somebody tell me if this looks like the cover is missing, or is this the way it is supposed to look? Does anyone have a pic of their rear Brembo brakes? Thanks so much for your help.

View attachment 637750
Were this sitting in the bottom of the titanic?

Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
There's no rear Brembo brakes, and there's nothing missing there.

That's how rear brakes look like on non Shelby models.
thanks so much, I feel so foolish. appreciate your help.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's normal for the standard rear calipers. I can't post a pic as my car is FJG so has orange ones.
thanks, silly of me.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Those are the correct rear brakes—though, I'm not sure if the mach 1 should have painted rears. The fronts are black brembos, even base. Like Murph noted, FJG and the red caliper options get painted rears. Of course, trying to find photos of a base M1's rear brakes to confirm is impossible.

Echoing others, that corrosion looks rough. My car has 10K on it, but the rear calipers still look almost new. I notice you're UK—are roads salted there this time of year? The only other thing I can think is corrosion during import, but it's hard to think the salty seas on the boat across would hit your rear calipers specifically...

Regardless, you may consider getting a coat of G2 on them, if you want them to match the fronts. After replacing, or removing that corrosion, of course.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
That indeed looks quite nasty. I don't have such corrosion and the paint on the caliper looks like new, but I was driving only on dry roads and washed it only twice 😁
Here's for comparison after 2200 km and I did put wheel ceramics on them (Auto Finesse Caramics).

rears.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
well, it is an overseas car, so it is likely stemming from corrosion damage from shipping even if not noticeable right away (maybe it was not protected/sealed properly). Would definately bring it by the dealer to have looked at. should look more like @Charlemagne 's, which is also an overseas car for comparison.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the correct rear brakes—though, I'm not sure if the mach 1 should have painted rears. The fronts are black brembos, even base. Like Murph noted, FJG and the red caliper options get painted rears. Of course, trying to find photos of a base M1's rear brakes to confirm is impossible.

Echoing others, that corrosion looks rough. My car has 10K on it, but the rear calipers still look almost new. I notice you're UK—are roads salted there this time of year? The only other thing I can think is corrosion during import, but it's hard to think the salty seas on the boat across would hit your rear calipers specifically...

Regardless, you may consider getting a coat of G2 on them, if you want them to match the fronts. After replacing, or removing that corrosion, of course.
Car was registered new in August, we don't usually get snow. No salt on the roads.
Sponsored