Piston skirt redesign to reduce slap. It's not DI pump noise

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
What was the milage when that happened? What damage warranted the replacement?
Scoring?
700, and not related to piston slap. Took it in for the noise, they found metal in the oil pan so ford approved a short block. When they went to pull it apart they found the passenger side exhaust cam shaft was in rough shape so a longblock was then ordered. The cause was never found but the cylinder walls were fine.
Sponsored

Reactions: dx2
OP
OP
Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
700, and not related to piston slap. Took it in for the noise, they found metal in the oil pan so ford approved a short block. When they went to pull it apart they found the passenger side exhaust cam shaft was in rough shape so a longblock was then ordered. The cause was never found but the cylinder walls were fine.
Thanks 4the info

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
wtf is so unrefined aboht the 5.0? itā€™s amazing. i came from a 3.7 and itā€™s all i could ask for. and plus the voodoo in an everyday street gt would be idiotic. everything i read is their power is all high band and that thing revs to what 8400?? reviews said the low end torque is much greater on the 5.0 which is better for everyday city driving and cruising. so nah, voodoo does not make sense in a GT

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nothing. The current generation Coyote is one of the most refined engines in existence (notwithstanding the typewriter tick). The rest of the car, on the other hand... :giggle:
Yep, it's basically a fine swiss watch being worn by an obese redneck who's clothes don't fit right.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Let's not be so mean. It is quite beautiful despite its shortcomings. Let's say worn by an attractive woman who's a bit sloppy with her make-up. Nothing that a bit of fine tuning couldn't fix. :)

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
lmao bunch of haters here šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ i love my s550 and think sheā€™s the most beautiful gal in my life šŸ¤£ but when i was washing it, it was hilarious how many panels creak as you lightly push on them lmao good ol ford. however none of this matters when you give it the slightest tap of gas lol

OP
OP
Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
The refinement the coyote may lack isn't in the design or technology, it's in the manufacturing process and Fords quality control.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
lmao bunch of haters here šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ i love my s550 and think sheā€™s the most beautiful gal in my life šŸ¤£ but when i was washing it, it was hilarious how many panels creak as you lightly push on them lmao good ol ford. however none of this matters when you give it the slightest tap of gas lol
No, no hate at all, I love this car to bits. There's no other car in the world that I'd rather have, even if money were no object.
And I agree, it's one of the most beautiful cars made in the recent years. I love every angle, every styling detail, every little touch, be it on the outside or on the inside. Aesthetically it's up there with the Jaguar E-Type or the Aston Martin DB7 as far as I'm concerned.

The refinement the coyote may lack isn't in the design or technology, it's in the manufacturing process and Fords quality control.
I would agree if we were talking about the car in general, but not the engine. The engine itself is very well built and has no known design or quality control issues. Not major ones, anyway. Whereas some of those "refined" European engines are known to fail big time. What good is a rattle-free interior if the timing chain breaks if you just look at it crossly?

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Vlad said:

ā€œNo, no hate at all, I love this car to bits. There's no other car in the world that I'd rather have, even if money were no object.
And I agree, it's one of the most beautiful cars made in the recent years. I love every angle, every styling detail, every little touch, be it on the outside or on the inside. Aesthetically it's up there with the Jaguar E-Type or the Aston Martin DB7 as far as I'm concerned.ā€

I couldnā€™t agree more with this sentiment, and ironically within the last hour in a conversation with my son I used those exact same two cars as styling comparisons to the Mustang. Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder but I canā€™t think of an everyday driver vehicle today whose beauty can hold a candle to the Mustang. By comparison the new C8 appears to have been drawn by the Transformers design team.
Sponsored