Piecing together procharger setup

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt; 1965 mustang fastback
I have a manual 2020 mustang gt, which is my weekend car, and I’m looking at getting a procharger pieced together or finding a deal on a used one. I want to make 600-650 on 91. The car will never see the track, but will simply be a street car. I have a few questions but I’ll start with one regarding injectors.
I see beefcake has procharger kits with ID1050x injectors. Now, if I piece one together, wouldn’t that injector be overkill for my goals and the ones from the 2020 gt500 be sufficient? Sorry for the newb question, but I am new to FI and currently reading/catching up in this area.
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
1050x injectors on pump making 600-650 is overkill. The 2020 GT500s should be enough injector for your goals.

The @beefcake kits are hard to beat, and if you talk to him and let him know what you want he can tailor the kit to your needs (within reason).

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Counterpoint: buy once cry once. Overkill for today, but if (when) you want more, you already have the injector space.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I have a manual 2020 mustang gt, which is my weekend car, and I’m looking at getting a procharger pieced together or finding a deal on a used one. I want to make 600-650 on 91. The car will never see the track, but will simply be a street car. I have a few questions but I’ll start with one regarding injectors.
I see beefcake has procharger kits with ID1050x injectors. Now, if I piece one together, wouldn’t that injector be overkill for my goals and the ones from the 2020 gt500 be sufficient? Sorry for the newb question, but I am new to FI and currently reading/catching up in this area.

The 1050x are good for about 800hp on e85 and 1100hp on pump. So those would be a little overkill. We send those with the kit since most guys want room to grow. We offer other injectors that you can swap to in the drop down on the kits. Depending on who is tuning it will also determine what you go with. Most tuners want to see you with a minimum of 1000cc injectors. That is why we have the kits configured to come with those. You could also go the complete kit route and get everything needed and rock it that way. 9 times out of 10 guys get the kit and always want to make more power, so its better to get more than what is needed so you dont have to upgrade later. Buy once, cry once like @Barrel said

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
1050x injectors on pump making 600-650 is overkill. The 2020 GT500s should be enough injector for your goals.

The @beefcake kits are hard to beat, and if you talk to him and let him know what you want he can tailor the kit to your needs (within reason).
Thank you. Any info is appreciated.

Sponsored

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
The 1050x are good for about 800hp on e85 and 1100hp on pump. So those would be a little overkill. We send those with the kit since most guys want room to grow. We offer other injectors that you can swap to in the drop down on the kits. Depending on who is tuning it will also determine what you go with. Most tuners want to see you with a minimum of 1000cc injectors. That is why we have the kits configured to come with those. You could also go the complete kit route and get everything needed and rock it that way. 9 times out of 10 guys get the kit and always want to make more power, so its better to get more than what is needed so you dont have to upgrade later. Buy once, cry once like @Barrel said
Thank you for the info! I’m certain I’m going to be content with 650 tops. This is simply a weekend warrior. I have my 363 fastback as my “racecar”. I’m simply trying to save a few bucks by trying to get only what o need.
I’ve been looking at your kits and I read on your procharger kits you will supply a tune for an SCT, nGauge, etc. on the drop down option however, I see only options for the RTD. I have an SCT could you supply a tune for that?

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Hey!

I would recommend a P1sc or p1x blower but yes, the id1050x would be a tad overkill for 91 octane at your power level. The GT500 injectors with a BAP would work well! We have seen plenty of 18+ cars do exactly this.

Give me a shout, I'll help put and put together anything else you may need.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I will actually have a P1SC stage 2 kit for sale real soon. Shipping to California would probably be rough though.

OP
OP
El_tucanaso

El_tucanaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
I will actually have a P1SC stage 2 kit for sale real soon. Shipping to California would probably be rough though.
I hear you on the shipping charges. I’ve found a few good used kits, but the shipping would be crazy.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thank you for the info! I’m certain I’m going to be content with 650 tops. This is simply a weekend warrior. I have my 363 fastback as my “racecar”. I’m simply trying to save a few bucks by trying to get only what o need.
I’ve been looking at your kits and I read on your procharger kits you will supply a tune for an SCT, nGauge, etc. on the drop down option however, I see only options for the RTD. I have an SCT could you supply a tune for that?

Lund used to tune with the SCT device. However they no longer use that device and only use the rtd device. If you want to get a tune for the SCT device, we can offer a Juggernaut tune or you can get the kit without a tune and get a tune from anyone you want. The Beefcake Specials are custom tuner kits for that reason

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Being in California is going to cause problems. To remain smog legal it needs to be a complete carb legal kit with the supplied tune from procharger. If you have the smog part handled then piecing something together might work. Rebut if you need to smog it then you need a complete kit

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)

If you want a CARB approved kit, you will have to buy a new full system from us. Sadly thats the only way CARB allows it. It has to be 100% our kit, and our tune that they approved.

@beefcake can get you squared away.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you want a CARB approved kit, you will have to buy a new full system from us. Sadly thats the only way CARB allows it. It has to be 100% our kit, and our tune that they approved.

@beefcake can get you squared away.
Not true. They don’t have to get it from you. Stop lying. It does have to be a complete kit with the tune but not from you

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Shipping to a meetup spot would be pretty cheap though… 😁 why are you thinking of selling? Hope you’re asking a fortune so I won’t be tempted!

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Shipping to a meetup spot would be pretty cheap though… 😁 why are you thinking of selling? Hope you’re asking a fortune so I won’t be tempted!
Long story, but I went a different direction. Nothing at all wrong with the kit. It will be up for sale shortly.
Sponsored