honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
that looks awesome. Love the ride height. Just not sure I want to do that to my R.
It's not as bad you'd think. Only times I wouldn't recommend it is if you live in an area where EVERY parking lot has a BIG dip (like the coastal towns in CA) OR you're really not into scraping your splitter every once in a while. Even though the splitter is a wear item, I know some really don't like to scrape them at all. IMHO, it's no different than tires, brakes, etc. While I don't try and purposefully scrape it, I do believe it's just part of owning the car. But I know not all share that opinion.

At that particular event I had a few spots that the car scraped due to compression under braking and some terrible asphalt. Had a few guys that came and told me because they were concerned. I was just impressed at how well the car handled the crappy surface under extreme braking :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I agree. Only reason I've lowered cars in the past is because they often come from the factory looking like SUVs. IMO I find the stock GT350 height to be perfect and the ride quality is pretty damn amazing with magnaride.
To clarify why I asked the question in the first place. I felt that stock the springs did not match the dampers too well and felt floaty to a degree even in sport mode. I already installed the FP lowering springs and have been running on them for a while now. I really like the change together with more aggressive alignment. I recently got the R rear sway bar and I will install it in the next week or so. I expect to be in this configuration for a while.
I am also planning on getting some lighter wheels this next year and I am trying to decide if I go with R spec and 30 profile or stick with GT350 spec and 35 profile.

So in my case I am not doing this for looks. If it does look better after that it is a bonus :)

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
To clarify why I asked the question in the first place. I felt that stock the springs did not match the dampers too well and felt floaty to a degree even in sport mode. I already installed the FP lowering springs and have been running on them for a while now. I really like the change together with more aggressive alignment. I recently got the R rear sway bar and I will install it in the next week or so. I expect to be in this configuration for a while.
I am also planning on getting some lighter wheels this next year and I am trying to decide if I go with R spec and 30 profile or stick with GT350 spec and 35 profile.

So in my case I am not doing this for looks. If it does look better after that it is a bonus :)
Look into doing solid and spherical bushings in the rear end. That will really made a difference for you. Based on what you're saying above, I think you'll really appreciate the difference.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Look into doing solid and spherical bushings in the rear end. That will really made a difference for you. Based on what you're saying above, I think you'll really appreciate the difference.
bro those are some sick HD shots :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
bro those are some sick HD shots :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, brother. A couple of the local guys in a club I am a part of are seriously incredible photographers. I'd kill to have their skill. :hail::hail::hail: Here are a couple more.

Shelby front.jpg

SHelby rear.jpg

Promise I'm done hijacking the thread now.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Sweet. I am switching to the R front splitter but will still be doing a drop and new wheels/tires next year.

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Yep. That is definitely one on the list down the road.

Last edited:

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
How easy a process is this? C6 Corvette Z06's have Mag Ride as well and all you have to do to lower is just a few turns on the leaf springs to drop the height a little.

I'd only be doing this for functional track racing purposes. For those that lowered how much handling improvements did you notice?

HR213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Grabber Blue, black roof
[MENTION=23430]honeybadger[/MENTION] Wow those are crazy good pics!!

This Saturday were installing FP spings/MM camber plates on my buddies GT350. He's currently running stock wheels/tires. Once were done I'll have him (as I have no photo skills..) bring his good camera and take some pics next to my R currently running Continental 305/325's on stock suspension.

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
[MENTION=23430]honeybadger[/MENTION] Wow those are crazy good pics!!

This Saturday were installing FP spings/MM camber plates on my buddies GT350. He's currently running stock wheels/tires. Once were done I'll have him (as I have no photo skills..) bring his good camera and take some pics next to my R currently running Continental 305/325's on stock suspension.
Can I be next? I need to do my springs and sways. Kevin and I were going to head over the pass to his Dad’s place, but you’re a hell of a lot closer!

HR213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Grabber Blue, black roof
Can I be next? I need to do my springs and sways. Kevin and I were going to head over the pass to his Dad’s place, but you’re a hell of a lot closer!
Not a problem, glad to help. Let's get it scheduled!