Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hate it when people who always assume if they rev their engine up at a light that you’ll race them on the street. Especially those damn civics.
Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
People that walk around a store having a conversation while on speaker holding the phone a foot in front of there face.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
When your friend (supposed) doesn't ask you to join him when taking a photo with Mario Andretti.
IMG_6664_1529704423879_resized.jpg

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
People that walk around a store having a conversation while on speaker holding the phone a foot in front of there face.
Before Covid I would snuggle up to the person and get in on the conversation.

"Your private is infringing on my public" was an oft repeated retort.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
When you pull in to fill up your car with gas and the person hasn’t pulled up all the way to the front of the pump and you have to go around the other side and back in.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Servers at restaurants throwing condiment packages on top of food. I tell the people a Waffle House if they put the jelly packs on my plate with my eggs and grits I'm not taking the food.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
So I got to thinking about this photo and decided to check out 4 nearby areas that would put you in this situation. I conclude that if done using the "correct" method as pictured below, there would be a collision every single time. Actually one of the intersections had 5 collisions in the past 2 months. I guess that means the drivers in this area, have no idea of which way is correct, and in the case of the collisions, only one of the drivers knew what correct was.

Shit how much time you got?

- Slow drivers in the Left hand lane suck sure, but what's worse is people who drive with tunnel vision, can't see anything more than 10 feet in front of them, so they try to pass on the right and realize the lane is jammed up and try to jump back over.

- People who can't use their damn cruise control on the highway. Traffic, congestion - I understand....but shit........wide open interstate, my cruise on the same speed the ENTIRE Time and I've passed the same car like 10 times in 30 minutes. I've considered getting a personalized license plate with some form of "Use your CC" - but most people are too dense to get it. The worst is when you pass them AGAIN and they give you "the look". I can neither confirm nor deny that in the past I might been guilty of lifting my right leg / foot up so they can see it, and loudly yell "CRUISE CONTROL"

- People who can't use turn signal. WTF - it's not rocket science.
- People who think turn signals are COMMANDMENTS (I am changing lanes, you must move over) not a QUESTION (Can I please get over?)

- Not letting cars merge onto the Interstate. Here it's actually a state law. 3 to 4 cars coming up an onramp, merging onto a 70mph interstate with FOUR damn lanes, and the idiots in the right lane refuse to speed up or slow down to let cars / trucks in. It's not like these cars have a choice in how long the merge lane is.......

- Idiots who don't know how to use a Left Turn crossover / median. It's not rocket science:

rocketscience..jpg

- Roundabouts / traffic circles - it's YIELD TO TRAFFIC IN CIRCLE. It's not DUCK DUCK GOOSE

- Idiots screaming about "eviction protection" and never mentioning landlords. Not every person who is a landlord is a trust fund baby. Sure let's pass some legislation to keep people from becoming homeless because of all the COVID lockdowns and direct effect on jobs / economy, but what about landlord protection? Do these idiots not realize most of them have a mortgage to pay every month, REGARDLESS whether there tenants are actually paying rent or not?

- "I didn't see him" "He came out of nowhere". - I used to average about 15K miles a year on a sportbike. I commuted 9-10 months out of the year (35 degrees was my limit. Good gear negates the cold - it's those pesky overpasses that make your butt pucker when your trying to keep the backside from coming around at 50mph that totally take the place of meth or caffeine) I was in FIVE accidents in all those years. (Not counting track days. They don't count.) Only ONE was not caused by an idiot driver DIRECTLY. That one was caused by an idiot truck driver who didn't bother to check if his fuel oil truck was leaking fuel oil all over a curvy back road. Note for those watching at home - that stuff is slick as snot for a motorcycle.

PSA for riders - pretend every driver of every automobile is trying to kill you. Never ride beside a tractor trailer if you can help it. Stuck beside a rig at 70+ mph when one of his trailer's recaps let's go will wake you up - and ruin your pants.

- For drivers of larger SUVs and trucks. Unless you have a crew cab long bed, YES your vehicle will fit in a normal parking spot without pulling forward so much you take up half of another spot. Get a front facing camera if you are that short or challenged when it comes to depth perception

- A LEFT TURN should be as close to 90 degrees as possible. I shouldn't have to BACK up so you can make a left turn without hitting me. You're not driving a tractor trailer - it's a fucking Prius - learn to drive.

- To those same "drivers"........you're at stop sign on a two lane road, making a LEFT turn. Cheating the turn, so that you essentially block anyone (with the right of way with no stop sign I might add) from turning left onto the road your exiting............you are doing it wrong.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is how I have always done it. Otherwise you would be headed into an oncoming lane and would have to transverse the intersection at an angle. Dangerous.
1620675297982.png

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree but I did not observe a single instance where it was done that way at the 4 intersections I mentioned above. I do wonder if the accidents were caused because they couldn't see the oncoming traffic while doing it the wrong way. Sometimes we have to do things wrong because EVERYONE else is doing it that way.....dang. Now when I travel back to CO, I have to remember to do it the right way.

I was in on a conversation for a couple of days on the Nextdoor App. Every single person on there thought every child should learn how to write in cursive even though the schools weren't teaching it.....and get this, they said they would rather pay someone to teach their child how to write in cursive but wouldn't pay someone to tutor their child for subjects they weren't great in, such as English, Math, and other required subjects. Head scratcher for me....they said I wanted to cancel culture for not thinking, writing in cursive should be required.

This is how I have always done it. Otherwise you would be headed into an oncoming lane and would have to transverse the intersection at an angle. Dangerous.
1620675297982.png

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree but I did not observe a single instance where it was done that way at the 4 intersections I mentioned above. I do wonder if the accidents were caused because they couldn't see the oncoming traffic while doing it the wrong way. Sometimes we have to do things wrong because EVERYONE else is doing it that way.....dang. Now when I travel back to CO, I have to remember to do it the right way.

I was in on a conversation for a couple of days on the Nextdoor App. Every single person on there thought every child should learn how to write in cursive even though the schools weren't teaching it.....and get this, they said they would rather pay someone to teach their child how to write in cursive but wouldn't pay someone to tutor their child for subjects they weren't great in, such as English, Math, and other required subjects. Head scratcher for me....they said I wanted to cancel culture for not thinking, writing in cursive should be required.
Yeah, I see your point. There is a spot where I drive regularly where there is a right turn without a lane. The hillbillies here just drove on the shoulder, so much so there is now a dirt lane there. I won't do the same as it is dirt and full of half buried rocks and ruts. Had some idiot squeeze by my yesterday as I was waiting to make the turn. He was actually pissed at me since I wasn;t going to off-road to turn right.

Common sense seems to be vanishing. I think it is some kind of prion that people are getting infected with. Like rats that get a parasite that makes them sexually attracted to cats. The parasite requires a cat host for reproduction.

Besides, if one is incapable of teaching a child to write in cursive, perhaps they should not have children!

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I thought about telling them that a parent should be able to teach their child how to write in cursive in a couple of weeks' time. I'm sure that would have started another debate lol.

Besides, if one is incapable of teaching a child to write in cursive, perhaps they should not have children!

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
When your seat on the plane is already assigned yet they crowd the gate like they’re trying to get in first. WTF?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
When your seat on the plane is already assigned yet they crowd the gate like they’re trying to get in first. WTF?
I agree :like: but there is a chain of events that leads to that, which I have experienced on about 50% of my last family long haul flights (mostly when travelling homebound) …

A) The excessive amount and physical size of hand luggage that people now seem to take onto a plane.

B) Finding your way to your seats (family of four) to find that someone has already used all the overhead locker room for them and as you glance around at your neighbours, not one of them wants to make eye contact.

C) Reminding yourself to get near the front of the queue next time around so you don’t have to walk three rows down and inconvenience someone else just so you can get the kids kindles, books etc from their hand luggage.

WD :like:
Sponsored