Sponsored

Personal Videos Thread

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I made it out to Putnam Park again this weekend. First time on the track this year, and I took almost two full seconds off my best lap there from last October (1:24.07 vs. 1:22.18). My car is still stock (other than brake caliper studs, FP catch cans, and a tow hook). The foam tape I added to the top of my headlights, coupled with proper raising of the hood stops, seems to have solved my hood flutter issue from last year. There were two 2017 GT350s in my run group, too. In my final two sessions, I ran in Track Mode instead of Sport Mode, and I was surprised at how much more controlled the car is on track in Track Mode... The stability control still kicked in and saved my bacon on one lap when I got on the throttle too abruptly during a corner exit, but at all other times, the car was just much more predictable in Track Mode. Bottom line: If you have a decent amount of track experience, don't be afraid to use Track Mode!

Here's my best lap so far, and my best overall session (sorry about the dirty windshield!):

[ame]

[ame]

The two 2017 GT350's in my run group are at 1:05 and 15:53 in this session:

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Throttle is less touchy in Track mode whereas Sport mode purposely makes the throttle more aggressive.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are a couple of videos from the first 2018 track weekend. First vid is my best run @ NJMP Thunderbolt. The second is a lead/follow with fellow 6G member "ARPA". There was a yellow GT350 as well for a total of 3 on Sunday. It's great seeing these cars out on track.

[ame]

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Here are a couple of videos from the first 2018 track weekend. First vid is my best run @ NJMP Thunderbolt. The second is a lead/follow with fellow 6G member "ARPA". There was a yellow GT350 as well for a total of 3 on Sunday. It's great seeing these cars out on track.

Looking good! Impressive time what tires are you running

Last edited:
Reactions: TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Car has more in it but my driving needs improvement. Drove with Chin Motorsport and the format and track time was great.

Tire's are RE-11. Much better than the MPSS; more feel and isn't squirrelly like the MPSS sidewall.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Thanks! Car has more in it but my driving needs improvement. Drove with Chin Motorsport and the format and track time was great.

Tire's are RE-11. Much better than the MPSS; more feel and isn't squirrelly like the MPSS sidewall.
What camera are you using your audio sounds good

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
External mic (cheap one from Amazon) on a GoPro Hero4. I clip the mic to the license plate frame.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
I should be taking video recording classes... So much to learn :D

Great meeting [MENTION=13658]TDC[/MENTION] and Joe in his yellow GT350. Every time we hit Thunderbold we learn something more and times get better and better.
[MENTION=13658]TDC[/MENTION] had a great run! I'll be uploading more in car videos.

For now here is a nice 2min video me recording the 2 other GT350s (what a sound) :headbang:

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Jersey Motorsports Park Thunderbolt. 2nd session laps 8-10.
Lead and Follow with TDC's GT350.
Best lap is #9 with time 1:35:487 (car has more to give, with better tires and skills ;)

Car is stock except from a CAI.

Also, I know what to do next time to fix the video to avoid glare (sorry for this one):doh:

Used for the video:
RaceChrono for data capture
2 GoPro Hero5s
External mic mounted on rear license plate
RaceRender for overlay and video editing

[ame]

Sponsored

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NJMP Track Day 03/31/2018 - Best lap#4 1:34.46

New Jersey Motorsports Park Thunderbolt, NJMP Track Day.
3rd session laps 3-4 (race line off on the 3rd but better on the 4th lap)
Lead and Follow with [MENTION=18849]petstang[/MENTION] GT350

Mid 50s F nice weather. Pushed the car with the MPSS and felt like jello towards the end.
Met Mike from Skip Barber racing at the track and gave me few good pointers! For sure helped me gain some time.

Stock tires and suspension. MPSS are done and done! And front G-LOC brake pads are done after 2 track days (20% left)?!?!. Looking at Ferodo DSUNO or Pagid Yellow for my next brake pads.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^What tire's did u decide on? Also, good job in Mike's corner ;)

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mike AKA Octopus corner has been eluting me for some time now. Getting there :)

I got the SC2s with the P51s a couple of months ago, but haven't installed them yet. Will do before the next event. I am concerned though how quickly they will go. [MENTION=18849]petstang[/MENTION] has that setup and this was his 1st track day with the SC2s, he loved them but he thinks they wont last long.

Hopefully not like the G-LOC brake pads that lasted only 2 track days. That I was very surprised :confused: The OEM pads lasted 4-5 track days.

Are you doing any NJMP events before the NASA on May 4th? Which HPDE group are you going to be part of? I'm thinking registering :) Maybe we can get others from this forum to join!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The Mike AKA Octopus corner has been eluting me for some time now. Getting there :)

I got the SC2s with the P51s a couple of months ago, but haven't installed them yet. Will do before the next event. I am concerned though how quickly they will go. [MENTION=18849]petstang[/MENTION] has that setup and this was his 1st track day with the SC2s, he loved them but he thinks they wont last long.

Hopefully not like the G-LOC brake pads that lasted only 2 track days. That I was very surprised :confused: The OEM pads lasted 4-5 track days.

Are you doing any NJMP events before the NASA on May 4th? Which HPDE group are you going to be part of? I'm thinking registering :) Maybe we can get others from this forum to join!
I should be doing the May 4 with NASA I am trying to get into the 3rd run group so I can do lime rock(I am in the second group)

The ferodo DSUNO lasted 12 days for me but I need new rotors.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the info [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION]! 12 days sound good to me. Did you see a difference from other brake pads? I wasn't that impressed with the braking power of G-LOCs. But again, I brake pretty late. I changed the rotors after the OEM pads destroyed them.

1st time with NASA, HPDE3 looks like intermediate and HPDE4 advanced. I wonder what timings are within HPDE3. For example in Chin Track Days for Thunderbolt prob below 1:36 can get you in their Intermediate class.
Sponsored