2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Oh sweet! I actually considered going last weekend. I've done autox events with the GCAC group there at Buckingham Field. I haven't gone yet this year but last year I frequented with my Z06... often last year, the rain made it more interesting. :D

Damp areas on the airfield last year....
Yeah, I was out there a few times with my 98 last year. I won't be there in April. Any other autox you recommend in the 'area'?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah, I was out there a few times with my 98 last year. I won't be there in April. Any other autox you recommend in the 'area'?
Well I'm on the right coast of FL and there are no large airfields or lots in the southern part that's regularly available for groups to rent out the entire day so typically the autox events are either at BB&T Center parking lots (where the FL Panthers play) or at the Karting Track right outside Homestead Speedway. The 2 groups that regularly hold autox events down here are either Equip Rapide or PCA Goldcoast region.

Buckingham field is great... good grip since it's all concrete but the drawback for me at least is it's a long very early drive to Ft. Myers and obviously the rain... it's FL after all. And sometimes on weekends I just want to sleep in so I don't do GCAC monthly like others do in the left coast. Track days at Sebring however is another story... I'm there on 3/26 for PDG's HPDE and again on 5/28-29 for the Track Guys event. I may squeeze in an April track day too...

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
This was my first time at the autocross and my 3rd run out of 5 total for the day. First time I ever completely turned off traction control and AdvanceTrac. Almost lost it on one of the turns and knocked down one cone but overall pretty decent. You can ignore my dad's commentary. He was pretty excited and kept talking at the beginning. I dropped an extra 2 seconds on my next 2 runs compared to this one but unfortunately don't have a video. I need to get a GoPro...

[ame]

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This was my first time at the autocross and my 3rd run out of 5 total for the day. First time I ever completely turned off traction control and AdvanceTrac. Almost lost it on one of the turns and knocked down one cone but overall pretty decent. You can ignore my dad's commentary. He was pretty excited and kept talking at the beginning. I dropped an extra 2 seconds on my next 2 runs compared to this one but unfortunately don't have a video. I need to get a GoPro...

Didn't mind your dad at all. Good video!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
How do you guys get your data acquisition overplayed on the videos you posted earlier?

And, what data acquisition unit are you using?
I use Harry's Lap Timer on my iPhone. I still haven't found a decent phone mount though. I've tried four different ones and they all seem to suck pretty bad (they are just not very stiff). I may try to make an adapter for my Go-Pro mount, which is actually designed pretty well.

And on that note, here are some of my laps at Sonoma from back in march:

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

-T

Sponsored

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Here is the one I made at the ford performance track attack in utah.
:ford:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Early Saturday morning trip to Switzerland. Decided to follow a vehicle for a while at 160 + kph average (100mph) before finally passing.

Not sure if video is clear enough at 2:20 where the pass occurs to see that the 100+ mph lead vehicle was a minivan. Typical day on the Autobahn...

[ame]

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished breaking mine in, looking forward to some track days. But here's one of my vids:

[ame]

Last edited:

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
^^^^ awesome!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Oh sweet! I actually considered going last weekend. I've done autox events with the GCAC group there at Buckingham Field. I haven't gone yet this year but last year I frequented with my Z06... often last year, the rain made it more interesting. :D

Damp areas on the airfield last year....
That is one bumpy surface...
Sponsored