Performance shops in Arizona 2023?

cbraganza11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
NA
Hey everyone, I am located in Tempe, AZ. I'm looking to get an MBRP catback exhaust installed on my 2019 Mustang Ecoboost and was hoping to get recommendations on a performance shop with experience that doesn't break the bank. This is the first mod on the car and looking at existing threads on the forum, wasn't expecting it to cost as much as I've been quoted so far so I'm unsure if I'm getting a fair deal. I estimated the cost to be around $100-200 for an install only. Are these a fair deal today or am I getting ripped off?

Shops and quotes so far:
Black market racing: $318 (2 hrs of labor quoted)
Voodoo Performance LLC (AZ): $450
ADS Performance (TGK Automotive): Refused to install the exhaust if I bought the exhaust to them.
Dynocomp: Waiting on them to respond.

Any recommendation is appreciated, Thanks!
- Clinton
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You could do it in your driveway in 2 hours even if you have never put an exhaust on before.

OP
OP
cbraganza11

cbraganza11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
NA
I would love to give it a go but I've been occupied with work/ family and depending on the cost to install I think it would be a worthwhile option for me. That being said, would you say the quotes I've received are what should be expected?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I would love to give it a go but I've been occupied with work/ family and depending on the cost to install I think it would be a worthwhile option for me. That being said, would you say the quotes I've received are what should be expected?
I don't know the labor rates in AZ but I would think an hour is plenty of time for a shop.

I would think the 100 to 150 range. It is very easy to do.

Might try a muffler chain shop?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Why are you being so cheap about this? Pay the damn $318.00 and be done with it.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
A muffler shop should have this in and out in 20 minuets, properly aligned.

Volta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP1, GX470, NA8C Miata
We Don't Lift in Tempe are real good. I know the owner Ravi personally he's a solid dude. You could come out to Queen Creek and we could throw it in too. But I know you are asking because you don't have time haha.

OP
OP
cbraganza11

cbraganza11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
NA
Why are you being so cheap about this? Pay the damn $318.00 and be done with it.
It's not about being "cheap", it's about making sure I'm not overpaying for something as I think any reasonable individual would prefer.

OP
OP
cbraganza11

cbraganza11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
NA
We Don't Lift in Tempe are real good. I know the owner Ravi personally he's a solid dude. You could come out to Queen Creek and we could throw it in too. But I know you are asking because you don't have time haha.
Will be sure to give them a call, thank you!

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's not about being "cheap", it's about making sure I'm not overpaying for something as I think any reasonable individual would prefer.
No, it's being cheap.

The labor cost of $318.00 is a very small amount of money when you consider the cost of the car, the cost of new exhaust system, the peace of mind that comes with having someone who actually knows what they're doing install it and stand behind their work, and the fact that you can't do it yourself.

All you care about is price. Which is the very definition of being cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cbraganza11

cbraganza11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
NA
No, it's being cheap.

The labor cost of $318.00 is a very small amount of money when you consider the cost of the car, the cost of new exhaust system, the peace of mind that comes with having someone who actually knows what they're doing install it and stand behind their work, and the fact that you can't do it yourself.

I wish you the best good sir. Others have been far more helpful so far, wish I could say the same about your perspective.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
No, it's being cheap.

If the King says so, it must be the truth. Just ask him.

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Hey everyone, I am located in Tempe, AZ. I'm looking to get an MBRP catback exhaust installed on my 2019 Mustang Ecoboost and was hoping to get recommendations on a performance shop with experience that doesn't break the bank. This is the first mod on the car and looking at existing threads on the forum, wasn't expecting it to cost as much as I've been quoted so far so I'm unsure if I'm getting a fair deal. I estimated the cost to be around $100-200 for an install only. Are these a fair deal today or am I getting ripped off?

Shops and quotes so far:
Black market racing: $318 (2 hrs of labor quoted)
Voodoo Performance LLC (AZ): $450
ADS Performance (TGK Automotive): Refused to install the exhaust if I bought the exhaust to them.
Dynocomp: Waiting on them to respond.

Any recommendation is appreciated, Thanks!
- Clinton
I’m in Mesa. Give me $75 and I’ll do it lol

OP
OP
cbraganza11

cbraganza11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
NA
Update for anyone reading in the future:

Decided to go with "Performance muffler phoenix", which is a muffler shop as per K4fxd advice and they did a great job. Really happy with their work and would definitely recommend them for similar exhaust installs. Also they only charged me $120.

I'd also really recommend the MBRP race catback (Armor plus T409 stainless steel) for any EcoBoost owners out here. It's dramatically louder than stock, a bit of drone too but it quiets down under 2k rpm. It's a really good way to "wake" the car up from stock.
Sponsored