Performance Pack stiffness

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Might be a bit early to ask this question but can anyone tell me how hard and stiff the Performance Pack will be compared to cars without that option? I'd like the gauge pack when I come to order and also the better brakes but don't really want a car that's unbearable when pootling about on rough roads in great need of repairs.
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Most certain it will be stiffer than standard but I am thinking it will be the same as my 2001 Audi TT though. 19 wheels might absorb some of the road rashness but not by much. If you had the 20s which are not avail with the pp... That would be hell on wheels..lower profile tires are a bitch on the road

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
If this iteration is like the previous then even the performance pack suspension will be a pillowy soft mess in need of stiffening for any real performance driving. It does have performance "modes" so I'm sure there is setting that will be "soft" enough.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Go test drive a 2014 GT with a pp on it, should give you a pretty good idea
It felt ok to me even going over some t-tracks

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
If this iteration is like the previous then even the performance pack suspension will be a pillowy soft mess in need of stiffening for any real performance driving. It does have performance "modes" so I'm sure there is setting that will be "soft" enough.
The mustang does not have an adjustable suspension mode like Audis magnetic ride suspension

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I expect the stiffness will be similar to previous 'track pack' Mustangs. It will be noticeably stiffer, but certainly not 'unbearable' by any means. The option is usually quite streetable.

That being said, we can only speculate on this model at this point, and what is "too stiff" can be a very subjective thing, and the safest thing for you to do obviously would be to drive one to make sure it meets your personal expectations...

OP
OP

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Most certain it will be stiffer than standard but I am thinking it will be the same as my 2001 Audi TT though. 19 wheels might absorb some of the road rashness but not by much. If you had the 20s which are not avail with the pp... That would be hell on wheels..lower profile tires are a bitch on the road
I've driven stiff cars before and not had any issues over long distances, more worried about the girlfriend. Smaller wheels with more tire is definitely better as well, so will definitely keep that in mind thank you.

Just been browsing the suspension part of the forum and it seems the European spec will get the Performance Pack as standard, so might not get much choice either way unless import a US spec car.

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
Might be a bit early to ask this question but can anyone tell me how hard and stiff the Performance Pack will be compared to cars without that option? I'd like the gauge pack when I come to order and also the better brakes but don't really want a car that's unbearable when pootling about on rough roads in great need of repairs.
I totally misinterpreted the name of this thread. I thought you meant you were extremely excited about the Performance Pack. :D

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I've driven stiff cars before and not had any issues over long distances, more worried about the girlfriend. Smaller wheels with more tire is definitely better as well, so will definitely keep that in mind thank you.

Just been browsing the suspension part of the forum and it seems the European spec will get the Performance Pack as standard, so might not get much choice either way unless import a US spec car.
Well, there are two things to consider when looking at PP, is if you have a well developed frame/chassis that is stiff, you can have more control over the suspension and isolation, etc. The s550 looks like it built like a tank.. I think it will have a solid feel like BMW's do. More isolation from the road, so the added "stiffness" will be muted.

How much road-input they allow the driver to feel, will be engineered in. Again, the suspensions stiffness really won't matter, be felt much. Ford will have it dialed in for 85% of the people. Those extra 15% are the aftermarket who need specific feels/taste, etc.

Coincidentally, the high-end SVT is already rumored to be associated with Multimatic, so..

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez, I'm sitting here thinking that OP is asking about chassis stiffness.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
The "modes" have nothing to do with the stiffness of the suspension...

And if it does indeed outrun the Boss LS around the track as promised, yeah, I'm sure it will be a "pillowy soft mess..." :crazy:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
And if it does indeed outrun the Boss LS around the track as promised, yeah, I'm sure it will be a "pillowy soft mess..." :crazy:
:hail::hail:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Go test drive a 2014 GT with a pp on it, should give you a pretty good idea
It felt ok to me even going over some t-tracks
I'm less concerned about train tracks and more concerned about what it feels like going over roads that look like this for miles at a stretch:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
It is too early to know for sure. And, suspension comfort is VERY subjective. My '11 Mustang GT with Brembo Package was too firm/jittery for daily driving, IMO. Plus it made drag race starts more difficult. My '14 Mustang GT has the standard GT suspension as is much nicer as a daily driver. Plus, the weight transfer is awesome at the drag strip. For those who want a track car (road race, autocross, etc.) where corning matters, get the Performance Package.