Sponsored

Ride Quality ?'s

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Is there a comfort setting in the adjustable suspension? How do all the settings stack up?

For those with 20's how's the ride? Not compared to the previous generation but overall.

Thnx
Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
So sport mode is just for sharper steering, throttle response, quicker shifts w/auto etc?
Thnx

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The Wiki mentions what the function of the driver modes are...take a look here. There's also information about this in the dealer sourcebook, which is linked from the Wiki here.

The Wiki is your friend :)

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
The Wiki mentions what the function of the driver modes are...take a look here. There's also information about this in the dealer sourcebook, which is linked from the Wiki here.

The Wiki is your friend :)
Thnx. It appears they refer to the adjustable mode affecting ride quality and handling?

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thnx. It appears they refer to the adjustable mode affecting ride quality and handling?
The term "handling" as used in those descriptions is misleading. The driver modes only affect the following as listed - "steering effort, throttle response, shift control and stability control".

I suppose you could say it affects handling in the sense that the stability control will intervene at different levels, but there are no adjustable shocks with damping that is affected by driver modes.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I test drove a 2015 with 20" wheels. I could definitely tell a difference from the stock 18s. I ended up not buying the car. I'm waiting to see how the 19s feel.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
The term "handling" as used in those descriptions is misleading. The driver modes only affect the following as listed - "steering effort, throttle response, shift control and stability control".

I suppose you could say it affects handling in the sense that the stability control will intervene at different levels, but there are no adjustable shocks with damping that is affected by driver modes.
Thnx for the explanation.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I test drove a 2015 with 20" wheels. I could definitely tell a difference from the stock 18s. I ended up not buying the car. I'm waiting to see how the 19s feel.
Was it too overly firm for normal driving? I have another car with stock 20" and the ride is better than another car we have with stock 19's. Just love the looks of the 20's but couldn't find a tester around here with them before we ordered. Thnx

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
I would say that my GT PP feels soft, defintely not stiff, resulting in a very comfortable ride. My personal preference is for the car to be a little stiffer.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would say that my GT PP feels soft, defintely not stiff, resulting in a very comfortable ride. My personal preference is for the car to be a little stiffer.
The GT PP I drove was also soft and very smooth. Compared to my modded 2011 it's extremely comfy. I too enjoy a firmer ride.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
PP is a "Performance Pack" and plenty comfy for streets. It's definitely not a "Track Pack"

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Was it too overly firm for normal driving? I have another car with stock 20" and the ride is better than another car we have with stock 19's. Just love the looks of the 20's but couldn't find a tester around here with them before we ordered. Thnx
Stampede,

I agree the stock 20's look the best. I'm looking for a daily driver and I felt the 20's were riding a little to firm for my taste. I could feel all the grooves, bumps in the road. The dealership I test drove the Mustang wasn't my local dealer, I was unfamiliar with the roads I was driving on so it could have been the road condition. I'm still looking for a Mustang with 19's to test drive.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. Sometimes dealerships over inflate tires to keep them from flat spotting especially cars with ultra low profile tires and big rims e.g. 20's, so maybe that's the cause in some instances? We didn't want black rims and the nickel 50th Anv rims are nice as are the prem paint 19's but simply no comp to the 20's.

Our dealership said we have until Monday to make any changes...
Sponsored