Performance pack for 2021 Mustang GT.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Perhaps a silly question...does adding this kit affect the factory 3/36?

Also..
Does it need to be installed at a dealer or is this a DIY project?
So just like any custom tune if you take a warrantied car in for service it can be covered or claim denied. Example, say you tune for e85 and your ac goes out well that's not going to be denied as the tune had nothing to do with it. The difference is, if an issue arises and the parts or tune in this kit are blamed, then the FP warranty would cover it instead of the factory Ford warranty.

For FP warranty to honored its required to be done at dealership or ASE shop.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yep which is just another way for ford to break it off in you. They will charge you two hours labor. For a job you can do with a laptop in your driveway in 20 minutes.:angry:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yep which is just another way for ford to break it off in you. They will charge you two hours labor. For a job you can do with a laptop in your driveway in 20 minutes.:angry:
Sounds about right. And by the time you pay for the "labor" plus kit price you're likely close to double the price of tuning for e85 but at half the power gained and higher iats (assuming oem intake vs open element in the kit).However, for some that piece of mind / warranty weighs more than performance or e85 simply isn't available in their locale and I get that. That's why it's great to have options regardless which way you lean towards.

Last edited:

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
It's the second power pack offered from Ford. Good grief, give me a break...
Can you post a link to where you found this? I cant find any information on a power package 2 for 2021 mustang's.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a link to where you found this? I cant find any information on a power package 2 for 2021 mustang's.
There is only 1 for 18+. Perhaps meant 2nd gen of the kit.

OP
OP

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
There is only 1 for 18+. Perhaps meant 2nd gen of the kit.
The ford dealer I went to matched the best internet price (m-9603-m8b) and charged $225 for the install. I loaded the tune to the procal4 myself to avoid problems later on, and it saved time on the install. It's a new car, so (warranty) peace of mind is a value to me. I had to drive it a while for the shift points and throttle response to settle down, but it's great now. I would have to drive 20 miles for e85 so that wasn't a consideration for me.
Sponsored