Sponsored

Performance driving school @ Buttonwillow

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
Hmm that's tempting. Any idea if that's the standard price? I'm a bit more interested in the Feb 2023 date assuming they are doing one around then.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Just called, another month or so before they set the 2023 schedule.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Haven't been to that one, but looks great!

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
There are track days happening for almost half the price...

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This seems more focused on being instructional than a typical HPDE day

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
This seems more focused on being instructional than a typical HPDE day
Thatā€™s exactly what this is.
Having a pro at your disposal is pretty cool for those of us who need it as well as for those of us who donā€™t think we do šŸ˜‰
Iā€™ll need to call my insurance broker to see if Iā€™m covered as this is technically ā€œinstructionā€ not racing.

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
This is great price for 3+ hours of instructed track time.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
So looking into this further, I think Iā€™ll pass.
Reasons being is just a matter of risk Iā€™m not willing to take.
The class is cheap, insurance not so much. $450 for the day with 8K deductible turns this into something very different.
I feel confident in myself not pushing to the point of having an incident. That said, I know stuff happens.
Funny how insurance companies workā€¦they are in the business of making money, and I get that.
You would think becoming a better driver would be a benefit to the insurance companies. It is, but not if the instruction happens on a closed course/race track. Still trying to figure that out. šŸ™

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I was kicking this around, but after that quote Fred, I'm not even going to call my carrier. Prolly stick with my original plan to go to Charlotte next year and enroll in the racing school there. I can thrash someone else's car. :sunglasses:

Sponsored

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
@460Fred who'd you get the insurance quote from? Your current carrier, or one of the track insurance specific carriers? I had been under the impression the track specific ones had reasonable rates, but haven't actually quoted any yet.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The class is cheap, insurance not so much. $450 for the day with 8K deductible turns this into something very different.
I feel confident in myself not pushing to the point of having an incident. That said, I know stuff happens.
Funny how insurance companies workā€¦they are in the business of making money, and I get that.
You would think becoming a better driver would be a benefit to the insurance companies. It is, but not if the instruction happens on a closed course/race track. Still trying to figure that out. šŸ™
Is that from your auto insurance provider? Look into Hagerty track day insurance if you haven't

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Seems like this is more a driving school than a track day.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
Fred, my GT-350 brother. after reading the "information" that I read on the link, it sort of reminds me of the "GT-350 Track Attack" format, except that there will be an instructor in your car. I know that you attended that event and I'm thinking that you had a good time.
You own a beautiful GT-350 that was engineered and made to go on the track. You won't "Wreck" your car, the instructor will keep your "Passions" within due bounds as they want you to learn and enjoy your experience. I'm getting ready for the sad day when I put mine up for the winter. (SUCKS) My suggestion is "Let your hair down" and do it. Screw the insurance, remember that we are just passing through this lifetime. Only one time around the block ! Just my "Old Geezer" 2 cents opinion......
Regards, Ray

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
For what it's worth, I started taking my street cars ( 96, 99, and 2004 SVT Mustang Cobras) to BMW CCA driving schools before track insurance was popular and we all ran without it. Very few incidents occurred. Those that did occur were one-car incidents.
Sponsored

Last edited: