Sponsored

People flashing lights at nighttime.

Racer57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 1970 Cuda 383cu Tremec 5 speed.
Drove my 2022 M1 for the first time at night. I was constantly having people flashing their lights at me even though they were on dim. Pickups and Semis seemed to be the ones doing it most of the time. But what's odd, is when on flat rural roads I can see the top edge of the lighted area and it doesn't seem to be too high. Anyone else have issues ?
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
No issues with my 2021 M1. My 2011 SHO auto high-beam is slower to react to oncoming lights than the M1, so to me it is unlikely its your lights unless they aren't aimed right. In case it didn't come up to you already, are you sure the shipping blocks are out of the front springs?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
2022 here. I've never been flashed in this car.

Cars and trucks will blink as a warning to others, of an upcoming accident or police radar. But if repeatedly being flashed, it's probably something with your car or a setting.

Checking for the shipping blocks in the front suspension is a great idea. People have posted driving with those things for some time before realizing it.

If not that, then...

I re-familiarized myself with the automatic high beam feature (2022 Owner Manual, page 81 and 84). The manual lists the conditions which need to be present for the high beams to automatically come on. The manual also lists conditions which prevent the feature from working correctly (dirty windshield, blocked, iced-over or bad sensor, etc. But also specific environmental or driving conditions).

Check out the manual, disable the auto feature, confirm low beams only and go for a drive. See if there is any difference.

Last edited:

Jonessport

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1, 2019 Edge SEL 2.0L EcoBoost
I have a '19 GT and a '19 Edge, both of which I leave on the auto setting. I sometimes get similar flashes from oncoming vehicles no matter which vehicle I'm in. It's possible the lighting isn't auto-dimming fast enought for them, but I've also noted that many are older vehicles that do not have the newer, whiter/bluer lighting technologies. I think many people simply don't like the new, brighter lighting and are "speaking out..."

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think many people simply don't like the new, brighter lighting and are "speaking out..."
The worst thing to happen to headlights is the 6000K BS. The yellow lights, incandescent, actually cut through humidity and weather better. Also they don't blind oncoming traffic.

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
maybe the opposite? I see way too many people driving around in the dark with their lights off and don't know it. I'll try to signal to them by turning my lights off and on (not flash). The fact that dashes are continually lit and most cars have some sort of day-time headlight keeps people from realizing their lights aren't on.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I have a '19 GT and a '19 Edge, both of which I leave on the auto setting. I sometimes get similar flashes from oncoming vehicles no matter which vehicle I'm in. It's possible the lighting isn't auto-dimming fast enought for them, but I've also noted that many are older vehicles that do not have the newer, whiter/bluer lighting technologies. I think many people simply don't like the new, brighter lighting and are "speaking out..."
The auto-setting dims the lights plenty fast enough, so I don't think that's the problem. Something wrong with the op's lights.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The headlights on the S550 are plenty bright. A lot of the newer cars actually have very bright headlights, the SUVs in particular are quite annoying as those headlights are eye level in our cars. Probably nothing more than that but as suggested above, doesn’t hurt to check out the auto highbeam setting and maybe check your headlight alignment as well. Pretty easy to do if you’re on a flat surface, CJPP and a few others have videos on it as well.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
The worst thing to happen to headlights is the 6000K BS. The yellow lights, incandescent, actually cut through humidity and weather better. Also they don't blind oncoming traffic.
Not sure if that's what I see sometimes, but if so, wholeheartedly agree. Half a dozen times I've been coming around a local narrow corner here at night and gotten genuinely blinded for a second by the oncoming car, which always seems to be some higher-end SUV.

I'm not sure if these idiots know how blinding it is to oncoming cars in some situations. Wish these lights were disallowed.

Sponsored

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Drove my 2022 M1 for the first time at night. I was constantly having people flashing their lights at me even though they were on dim. Pickups and Semis seemed to be the ones doing it most of the time. But what's odd, is when on flat rural roads I can see the top edge of the lighted area and it doesn't seem to be too high. Anyone else have issues ?
Not too often, but its definitely because of the brighter LEDs in use today, which includes our cars. Flashing my brights usually lets them know that I'm not brighting them and they lay off.

OP
OP
Racer57

Racer57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 1970 Cuda 383cu Tremec 5 speed.
I looked for the blocks and all I see is the springs and the bottom plate.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
If its lookin like anything other than a Johnny Law alert, hav someone pass ya in their own veh, & report bk.

...or.. ur victim to latest TicTok challenge ?

Or..

Screenshot_20231220_183321_Google.jpg

get a DeLorean to 88mph, go bk,
pass yourself at nite, & see whats goin on. flash yourself though.