5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All,

Since I’m stuck home, brought both my cars insurance down to 1000 miles a year. Saved 25 dollars a month.

Also, some states insurance let you garage store at 10 dollars a month. Some require turning plates in.

some insurance companies are letting you push your next payment to divide up the next 6 months.
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
All,

Since I’m stuck home, brought both my cars insurance down to 1000 miles a year. Saved 25 dollars a month.

Also, some states insurance let you garage store at 10 dollars a month. Some require turning plates in.

some insurance companies are letting you push your next payment to divide up the next 6 months.
Wait so I too can afford a GT500 by switching to Geico? :)

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
All,

LOL

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Make sure y’all turn on fire /thief. Hate to see a thread about either on m6g.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I drop mine down to fire/theft only every time I store it for winter. And make sure your finance company (if you have one) will allow it. Some require full coverage until it's paid off, even in storage. Ford credit is one of those who require full coverage at all times.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I drop mine down to fire/theft only every time I store it for winter. And make sure your finance company (if you have one) will allow it. Some require full coverage until it's paid off, even in storage. Ford credit is one of those who require full coverage at all times.
small payoff to pay if you’re at 0% interest loan with FC. If not, switch to a credit union or lender who waives it. There’s enough hungry lenders willing to match or beat for auto loans.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yea I found that when I did that and got a letter from the CU stating I had to have full coverage. I found out what my pay off was and sent them a check for the pay off.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A local bank underwrote the note on mine and they actually have a dept just for this type of situation. They not only allow it, they encourage it. All I have to do is call them and let them know when I store it and when I pull it back out.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You reduced your rates just by calling and asking or changing coverage?

I would love to drop the monthly on the GT.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes, since my car is in storage for the winter, I only have fire and theft coverage, and the bank allows it. When I pull it out for the summer car show season, I put full coverage back on it. The only thing the bank requires is a phone call to let them know when it goes into and out of storage.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
What about storm damage, trees fallening through roofs? Flooding, someone stealing, something falling on car?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's all covered. What I have is actually comprehensive coverage, so if anything happens to the car while its in storage, its covered. it's just easier to say/type fire and theft.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Good deal
That's all covered. What I have is actually comprehensive coverage, so if anything happens to the car while its in storage, its covered. it's just easier to say/type fire and theft.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You reduced your rates just by calling and asking or changing coverage?

I would love to drop the monthly on the GT.
So oddly enough, I called my insurance provider and had what I would describe as a perfect scenario.

Something didn’t link correctly between the new policy I added for my DD Jeep. I was paying around $200/mo for both vehicles.

I spoke to the agent and asked her to check into any discounts I was missing.

She asked if there was a reason I didn’t have both vehicles linked under the same policy. I said no, tell me more.

She comes back and says I can definitely help by linking them together - I can cover both vehicles for the same price you’re paying for the Mustang currently. AND I lowered my collision deductible!

Me = yes ma’am, sign me up!
Sponsored