Sponsored

Passenger side REAR 1/4 "rattle" - how to get peace

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
i think i have the hollow knocking sound, reluctant to blame it on suspension components since they've been on and off a few times ( even back to stock at one point )

my issue was not resolved with the module
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Was It a rattle or hollow knocking sound?
It's kind of hard to explain without actually hearing it - but it was a distinct metal rattle noise. It reverberated with road imperfections or certain RPM ranges (or say exhaust frequencies). It sort of sounded like if you take a metal coat hanger and rapidly tap it against a hollow metal surface - it won't have a very loud noise, but more of a tinny sound (if that helps any).

Most have discussed a rattle from the rear 1/4 interior plastics on passenger side - but that noise is not the same, that is more of a plastic type rattle or semi-tap type of noise (similar to tapping on the plastic with your finger). That concern has been addressed in the other subforum on here where it's been related to the securing tethers on back side of the plastic panels or loose clips.

I'm glad my fix has worked for some!

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
My Mustang has always had lots of rattles, and it constantly drives me crazy. In my ongoing efforts to make the interior of my $30k+ Mustang as nice as my $20k Mazda I've been going through and putting sound deadening material, baffles, dampers, and soft loop tape between rubbing, rattling surfaces.

I don't know that this module was contributing to the rattle, but it sure wasn't helping. As such I just popped off the one carpet clip, loosened the nuts, removed the module from the keyways, and applied some loop tape to the module.

A few minutes later I had the thing buttoned up. Let's hope that helps!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you! My car does this and I'm glad to see someone else as the issue too. Bugs the piss out of me! I'll look here once the weather improves.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I implemented this fix utilizing Hushmat on the flimsy panel the the other night. I had to remove my [terrible] subwoofer to get there, but not a big deal. Mine wasn't rattling, but you could bend the mental and it'd make a wonk wonk sort of sound. Seems a little quieter back there, actually. I also found a metal pen in the well area of the fender behind the subwoofer, which I think was my rattle.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Thanks for pointing this out, as I think this was the fix for my annoying rattle at highway speed. For future reference, the bracket is located behind the shaker subwoofer (if so equipped) on the immediate right side of the trunk, just behind the tail light.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
So...did anyone get the p/n? I'm curious as well.

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
It's kind of hard to explain without actually hearing it - but it was a distinct metal rattle noise. It reverberated with road imperfections or certain RPM ranges (or say exhaust frequencies). It sort of sounded like if you take a metal coat hanger and rapidly tap it against a hollow metal surface - it won't have a very loud noise, but more of a tinny sound (if that helps any).

Most have discussed a rattle from the rear 1/4 interior plastics on passenger side - but that noise is not the same, that is more of a plastic type rattle or semi-tap type of noise (similar to tapping on the plastic with your finger). That concern has been addressed in the other subforum on here where it's been related to the securing tethers on back side of the plastic panels or loose clips.

I'm glad my fix has worked for some!
Do you have a link to that subforum?

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Last edited:

Sponsored

Ramn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R
While installing my subwoofer I found the source of the squeaks on the passenger side. The bottom foam block was squeaking everytime it moved. Some tape fixed that and the rear rattle.
IMG_20181231_112459.jpg
IMG_20181231_112516.jpg

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
While installing my subwoofer I found the source of the squeaks on the passenger side. The bottom foam block was squeaking everytime it moved. Some tape fixed that and the rear rattle.
IMG_20181231_112459.jpg
IMG_20181231_112516.jpg
Interesting...

What’s the purpose of the foam, can it be entirely removed?

Ramn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R
Interesting...

What’s the purpose of the foam, can it be entirely removed?
Pretty sure it's to keep the plastic covers stable and lower vibration noise. You can try running without it, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is this tinny rattle the same noise people are hearing from the upper rear airbag pillar?

Is the sound funneling up from the trunk somehow?

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I remember seeing this post a while ago. While I was in the trunk applying some noise deadening...I put a piece under this connector. No more unwanted noises and squeaking.
Sponsored