Sponsored

Passenger side mirror damage

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey guys, my passenger side mirror was destroyed. The housing, the glass, and the trim. The base isn't damaged nor the motor. It was clipped on the very end but enough to take out all the outer stuff. Is it possible to replace just those three pieces of the whole assembly? And where to possibly get the parts? I really don't feel like taking apart my door to replace the entire mirror assembly.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hit up eBay - there’s a lot of S550 door mirrors in any color. That will be your least expensive route instead of trying to piece it together from a Ford Parts perspective.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Without seeing pictures of the damage I'm going to venture a guess that the entire mirror will have to be replaced. The interior door panel comes off fairly easily and from there it's just 2 or 3 bolts and a wiring connector.
Either way I'd get a replacement mirror off ebay and either use parts or replace the whole thing. Heck, it probably won't take long to find a color matching one either.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Finding a replacement mirror will likely be cheaper and easier than trying to source individual parts from Ford

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Without seeing pictures of the damage I'm going to venture a guess that the entire mirror will have to be replaced. The interior door panel comes off fairly easily and from there it's just 2 or 3 bolts and a wiring connector.
Either way I'd get a replacement mirror off ebay and either use parts or replace the whole thing. Heck, it probably won't take long to find a color matching one either.

Looks like you're right. And I found that the used and junk yard parts were still quite expensive vs getting them from an OEM supplier. I ordered a new assembly and cover.

Drewcarcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 2017 v6
Hey guys, my passenger side mirror was destroyed. The housing, the glass, and the trim. The base isn't damaged nor the motor. It was clipped on the very end but enough to take out all the outer stuff. Is it possible to replace just those three pieces of the whole assembly? And where to possibly get the parts? I really don't feel like taking apart my door to replace the entire mirror assembly.
Hi do you still have the broken mirror available ? If you replaced it that is

I’m after some parts off one loom, base plate and puddle lamp

if you’ve still got it would you consider selling it 👍
Sponsored