Sponsored

Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance - Malfunction???

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
Hey everyone! Second time posting on the forum (tried to post this under a thread, but that thread seems a bit too old to get any traction, so I'm going to try here) :)

Seems like I got an issue on my '19 Mustang GT 5.0 (EU Spec). I got an orange check engine light.

Does anyone have experience with the following codes:
Code: P2453 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
Code: U0447 - Invalid Data Received From Serial Data Gateway A
Please check the screenshots from ForScan for the details.

The car runs fine. There seems not to be any issues with performance or any engine/transmission related behavior. Car is acting normal. I checked the GPF's (gas particulate filter's) sensor. By checked, I mean I wiggled the connection, but there seems to be no issues with the connections coming loose.

On the left side exhaust pipe (after the GPF) I noticed some droplets of petrol. I was parked on an incline so that I could reach under the car and it was right after startup. Nothing excessive, just a couple of drops.

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve this issue? I'd prefer to be able to fix this by myself instead of having to take it to the dealership/service center.

ForScan Screenshots:
Annotation 2020-04-01 090934.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 090951.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 091045.jpg

Pictures from underneath the car:
IMG_9790.JPG
IMG_9791.JPG
IMG_9794.JPG
IMG_9795.JPG
IMG_9796.JPG
IMG_9797.JPG
IMG_9798.JPG
IMG_9799.JPG
IMG_9800.JPG
IMG_9801.JPG
IMG_9802.JPG
IMG_9803.JPG
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The images of the exhaust pipe where it shows moisture is that what you are referring to as the petrol leak? If so, that does not look like oil or gasoline, the moisture looks like it is due to an exhaust leak at that juncture. The exhaust pipe needs to be closed up more; you can do that by loosening the clamp, nudge the pipe forward and then tighten the clamp.

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
The images of the exhaust pipe where it shows moisture is that what you are referring to as the petrol leak? If so, that does not look like oil or gasoline, the moisture looks like it is due to an exhaust leak at that juncture. The exhaust pipe needs to be closed up more; you can do that by loosening the clamp, nudge the pipe forward and then tighten the clamp.
Ok. I'll try that. Do you think that could result in the check engine light going off?

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
UPDATE: I looked under the car again. Tried to tighten down that clamp, it was basically as tight as anything can get, so didn't do much with that. I decided to clear the code and run the diagnostic over it to scan for codes again. Nothing popped up. Check engine light is off. Couldn't find any diagnostic value that would even indicate that any sensor would be bad, so we will see in a couple of days if the error code pops back up. Until then, maybe a false alarm?

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
Unfortunately, Check engine light came back up... good couple of days later. Don't really understand it.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is the particulate filter cleanable or replaceable? Is it clogged and causing a code to pop-up?

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
Is the particulate filter cleanable or replaceable? Is it clogged and causing a code to pop-up?
I have no idea. I was not able to find any technical specifications or documentation. As far as I know the GPF is EU specific (not installed in the US), so the information out there is quite limited.

I tried to read out all the live data that contained the phrase "Pressure". I found that the DPF_Delta is reading 2.8 kPa . I read on some other forums that if the pressure goes above 2.7 kPa it triggers a engine warning light and a DTC. Interestingly the DPF_INT is reading "0". I wonder whether this should be the case?

I also attached a bunch of other screenshots with the DTCs. I am kinda lost for what to do...
Annotation 2020-04-24 174205.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-24 174223.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-24 174742.jpg
main screen.jpg

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
UPDATE: Took the car to the dealership to have it checked out. They told me that this is a known issue and Ford has issued a service bulletin for it. Apparently one or both of the particulate sensors (on either side) can exhibit a faulty reading, in which case they automatically replace both sensors and they update the PCM (apparently there is some update in connection to this).

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
Good to know! I always just opt for the dealership with any sensor issues. I feel there's just a high frequency of sensors going off and or PCM's not being updated that it makes it more stressful on me when I try to look at it on my own. Good post though! Do you have the specific TSB he was referencing?

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
Good to know! I always just opt for the dealership with any sensor issues. I feel there's just a high frequency of sensors going off and or PCM's not being updated that it makes it more stressful on me when I try to look at it on my own. Good post though! Do you have the specific TSB he was referencing?
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I don't have that information. They just told me that apparently this is not the first Mustang where they have seen this issue and that its a "routine" fix that they do. My car was in the shop for a while because, they had one of the new sensors, but not both... so had to wait for the part from Germany.

Unfortunately, now I have an airbag warning light ... smh. I will have to take it back to the dealership to get it checked out.

Sponsored

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Same trouble here. Engine light popped a week ago. Pony stuck at the workshop waiting to receive a new Particles filter. I do not know what is the case in other EU States, but with regard to delivery and receipt of spare parts for the Mustang here in Spain, Ford really sucks. Anything which may happen to the car means that it shall be completely stopped to the least, one entire month. Disgraceful.

OP
OP

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
Same trouble here. Engine light popped a week ago. Pony stuck at the workshop waiting to receive a new Particles filter. I do not know what is the case in other EU States, but with regard to delivery and receipt of spare parts for the Mustang here in Spain, Ford really sucks. Anything which may happen to the car means that it shall be completely stopped to the least, one entire month. Disgraceful.
Definitely I am in Hungary and the situation is not much better here. Since this post, I've had a bunch of issues: timing chain rattle (Or VCT rattle), Transmission clunkyness (they changed the hydraulic module, didn't fix it), my differential is binding (they are in the process of approving a new differential for my car). The engine parts, new timing kit and VCT parts have been order 2-3 weeks ago, and we are still looking at another 2 weeks until they arrive.
Sponsored