PALM BEACH DYNO SLOW SHIFTING

blackcoyote821

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Last year I decided to have my car tuned by Palm Beach Dyno. I purchased a 93 tune as well as an E85 tune. I mainly run on the E85 tune and just recently I started the process of revising my tune. On the base tune they sent me the car shifts hard and firm which I like. When I loaded the new revised tune I was extremely disappointed by how it shifted. When the car shifted from 2-3 it would lose all momentum then kick into gear. I figured this was not right so I warmed my car up and checked the tranny fluid to find that it was overfilled. I managed to suck out some fluid and bring it down to the correct level. This fixed the problem where the car would lose all momentum but the shifts were still extremely slow. Is this normal? It can't be. PBD claims that nothing changed from the base tune to the revised tune on the transmission side but how is that possible? Even if the transmission was overfilled how would the shifts go from quick and firm to soft and lazy if nothing in the transmission tuning was touched? I am extremely frustrated with how my car drives now it feels awful and I hate having to wait a couple days just to get a response from the guys at PBD.

What do you guys think? Did my transmission suffer damage from being overfilled? The transmission was barely over filled and the car has had no issues with slipping or anything like that. Is this a common occurrence with PBD tunes or is this just me? I am considering just switching to LUND because I am very frustrated with how little PBD seems to care about my problem.
Sponsored

GP70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
PBD tuned. Mine will also shift soft and lazy on occasion under full throttle. Shifts are no longer as firm and quick compared to stock tune in drag mode.

The 2 to 3 shift seems to be the worst. I know a Lund tuned car that also said his does it on occasion. May be a 10r80 issue.

Even with the shifting issues my car has run a best of 10.9 with weight reduction being the only modification and e85 tune.

OP
OP

blackcoyote821

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
PBD tuned. Mine will also shift soft and lazy on occasion under full throttle. Shifts are no longer as firm and quick compared to stock tune in drag mode.

The 2 to 3 shift seems to be the worst. I know a Lund tuned car that also said his does it on occasion. May be a 10r80 issue.

Even with the shifting issues my car has run a best of 10.9 with weight reduction being the only modification and e85 tune.
Mines got the 6R80 but it’s the exact same thing. The 2-3 shift is so slow and lazy but mines does it every time it shifts. 1-2 feels nice and solid. I wonder if this is a trait of the automatics or is maybe done on purpose to keep the tires from spinning.
Sponsored