Sponsored

Paint Protection

whtbt1.88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 fastback
My advice to you is go down to a supplier and see it with your own eyes. I must say I don't thinkFerrari and Mercedes f1 teams would use g techniq if it didn't work . Likewise it just won a award at sema and they wouldn't put their name to dodgy product. I just believe the original paint work looks delicate and needs some form of protection
Not that i don't believe you but i checked the F1 sites and the only team that has a g techniq as a partner/sponsor is Force India and given that they are going at 0/171 starts maybe its not the answer they were looking for?

Also 150+ companies won the same awards at SEMA.... 19 judges (motoring journalists) nominate 10 products each and they get an award... G techniq was voted for by a Mexican journo and a Venezuelan journo... you be the judge of that
Sponsored

white880

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby super snake 2017
You can ring Andrew Jackson at g techniq on 0425 299 977 and he can verify these points. I also rang the Ferrari dealership in Sydney and they confirmed the use of crystal serum on their f1 cars .
Likewise i find it hard to believe that awards are awarded to products via some dodgy Mexican after a few beers . Sema is one of the biggest automotive shows in the world and is not some third world comp in A obscure backwater like Zimbabwe

whtbt1.88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 fastback
You can ring Andrew Jackson at g techniq on 0425 299 977 and he can verify these points. I also rang the Ferrari dealership in Sydney and they confirmed the use of crystal serum on their f1 cars .
Likewise i find it hard to believe that awards are awarded to products via some dodgy Mexican after a few beers . Sema is one of the biggest automotive shows in the world and is not some third world comp in A obscure backwater like Zimbabwe
I can call Michael Jackson at the Neverland ranch and even if Bubbles himself answered the phone and said he used it on the car from the moonwalker video I'm still going to have a hard time believing it if he is selling it to me......

From the SEMA website it appears that of the 10 possible winners from each judge, the mexican and venezuelean had 50% of the same products...... what a coincidence......:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is it overkill applying a sealant/wax over a protective coating? Will it make the coating last longer than it would without a sealant/wax? Would a sealant/wax even bond properly to a coating?
I'm just curious to know this as I've heard that coatings don't last forever and if applying a yearly sealant helps in the longevity of the protective coating I might do it.

AffinesseJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX-5
Just had Opticoat Pro x 2 applied by Affinesse in South Clayton.

I can't praise the team there enough, very friendly, car guys, they love their jobs, and they provide amazing customer service and feedback.

Awesome guys, I highly recommend them. They also had the car overnight for the coating to cure.

JJ took about 200 pictures of our Mustang, I'll post some when he sends them through.

We are VERY happy customers ! :thumbsup:
Cheers Paul! We loved every moment of working with your Mustang (and the paint was absolutely great to work with). Magnetic is a very rewarding colour with the amount of metallic fleck popping out after the polishing/jewelling and coating stage.

Is it overkill applying a sealant/wax over a protective coating? Will it make the coating last longer than it would without a sealant/wax? Would a sealant/wax even bond properly to a coating?
I'm just curious to know this as I've heard that coatings don't last forever and if applying a yearly sealant helps in the longevity of the protective coating I might do it.
Definitely not overkill. Coatings are more susceptible to water spotting than waxes/sealants, so with one of those on top you should be able to maintain and even boost the gloss further. Just make sure to avoid any waxes that have cleaners/abrasives in them.

In terms of longevity, it'll help slow down the rate of breakdown of the coating. For example, most glass coatings are rated for 12-24 months, but with regular maintenance you can boost the life past that 24 month period.

Most waxes and sealants have a harder time bonding to coatings so expect longevity to be halved. However, there are specific "coating toppers" such as Concours Nova Jet, Optimum Opti-Seal, CarPro Reload, Kamikaze Overcoat etc. which will last much longer and offer better water beading and gloss.

I usually use Optimum Quick Detailer as a drying aid every week and Concours Nova Jet to top my coatings (testing four different coatings atm) once a month.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
OptiCoat Pro in the rain.
IMG_3837.jpg
Sponsored