PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Has anyone got first hand knowledge of the CQuartz UK paint protection. Can the average Joe apply it successfully. Is the finish as good as a professional job. Can it be mucked up.
I know that before it is applied the paint has to be decontaminated & prepared etc per the instructions. I am wondering if it is really worth paying a detailing shop huge money to do something that given plenty of time, I could do myself.
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
You can definitely do it yourself. Decon the paint, polish paint, wipe down to remove any oils left behind, then apply. Just make sure to remove any high spots. Also the UK version is designed for colder climates. I don't know much about Australia's weather but I live in Florida and just ordered the regular CQuartz since I live in a hotter climate.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
You can definitely do it yourself. Decon the paint, polish paint, wipe down to remove any oils left behind, then apply. Just make sure to remove any high spots. Also the UK version is designed for colder climates. I don't know much about Australia's weather but I live in Florida and just ordered the regular CQuartz since I live in a hotter climate.
Great, thanks GT Nate. I will take your tip and go with the regular and give it a try myself.

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
GT 6MT, Falcon FGX XR6 Ute & Focus ST
Google Gyeon, their range of products are 1st class and lots of online youtube videos and information. I used their "Can Coat" product on 3 cars now, its a cheaper easier alternative but not as long lasting, but to be honest I think its worth applying every couple of years anyway. Well supported in NZ, should be the same in AU.

Reactions: PKs

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
I had it done by a pro here in Sydney and he did a great job. Luckily my underlying paint was in fairly good condition from the dealer and he only had to wash it and then cut it all back once and sort out a few blemishes. After that the application of the CK and then the Reload took some time, but gave a great result.

Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Google Gyeon, their range of products are 1st class and lots of online youtube videos and information. I used their "Can Coat" product on 3 cars now, its a cheaper easier alternative but not as long lasting, but to be honest I think its worth applying every couple of years anyway. Well supported in NZ, should be the same in AU.
Thanks Derek. Now I have the added dilemma of choosing between CQuartz and Gyeon for a DIY solution. Both look like decent products.
Sponsored