TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
First kit is done! :thumbsup:

I'm trying to post up a sale thread. Can someone tell me hoe to post pictures without using a URL address? When I click on the "picture" icon, it asks for an address.
Isn't there a way to have it grab from my computer?

I know I can use the "attach file" feautre but that just puts all the pictures at the bottom of the post.

Thanks
Ed

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Ed, you have to use a site that hosts pics...I use tinypic, but there are others.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Dumb question, but when it comes to chips on the flared fender area just in front of the rear tire, or the lower rocker panel area there (in front of rear tire)--how is that area getting hit? Is that damage from gravel or grit thrown up by the front tires which flies back and hits that area?

Or is it somehow from rocks/grit thrown forward (?) by the rear tires? It's hard for me to see how that could happen.

Thanks... just wondering how to best protect my new baby...

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
From the fronts, especially if you go wider than stock.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Dumb question, but when it comes to chips on the flared fender area just in front of the rear tire, or the lower rocker panel area there (in front of rear tire)--how is that area getting hit? Is that damage from gravel or grit thrown up by the front tires which flies back and hits that area?

Or is it somehow from rocks/grit thrown forward (?) by the rear tires? It's hard for me to see how that could happen.

Thanks... just wondering how to best protect my new baby...

From the fronts, especially if you go wider than stock.
What 5.0 said

Its not a dumb question. But yes its an extremely vulnerable area.
You have to remember if your on a highway with other cars, they are flinging debria up and back and you're driving trough it. (same reason your mirrors get hit) However the most damage (in front of the rear wheels and lower rocker) is done by your own front tires.

Those meats toss a lot of rocks back hitting anything sticking out.
If you look back a few posts, BladeGT's just wote this...

In..........Looked at my drivers side just in front of the rear wheel....peppered with rock chips. Car is 1 month old!!! No gravel/dirt drives, only been on highway once, serious WTF!?! I even have California Pony Cars Splash guards. Cant get this soon enough!

Here's the sale thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2262748&posted=1#post2262748
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.