Sponsored

Nicks and paint chips on front fascia

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So after 25k miles, there are so many damned nicks and chips (20+) in the front fascia that I'm considering saying to hell with it and buying the Roush front fascia and plasting that clear vinyl 3M sh*t on it...

...but before I commit to that, 'cause it's damned pricey, I wanted to ask if anyone else has successfully tackled this problem without a complete repaint of the front fascia. Any tips or tricks I'm missing here? It's really starting to irritate me. Some of the nicks and chips are pretty big, one is a nice little gouge a good 1/4" across and nearly as deep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have. Works as advertised. Obviously it isn't going to restore a factory finish, but it makes the chips so they aren't at all noticeable without some pretty harsh lighting if applied correctly.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
There are some very fairly priced complete OEM fascias on Ebay right now.

Painted as well.

Around $400 with free shipping.

Sponsored

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Read the dr color chip thread. I used it and it works great. Not perfect but makes it hard to notice

Moving-Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MGT
$400 for a new front bumper cover pre painted is a no brainier. I'd do it. I've spent that on paint alone before.

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So after 25k miles, there are so many damned nicks and chips (20+) in the front fascia that I'm considering saying to hell with it and buying the Roush front fascia and plasting that clear vinyl 3M sh*t on it...

...but before I commit to that, 'cause it's damned pricey, I wanted to ask if anyone else has successfully tackled this problem without a complete repaint of the front fascia. Any tips or tricks I'm missing here? It's really starting to irritate me. Some of the nicks and chips are pretty big, one is a nice little gouge a good 1/4" across and nearly as deep.
Take it to a detailer have him polish off a layer of clear off your front bumper, mine was covered in over 40-50 sand pit marks, he made it look brand new. But after I'd recommend getting it XPEL wrapped, full bumper pre cut is usually $400-450 :thumbsup:
Sponsored