Sponsored

Paint chip prior to delivery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang, 1968.5 CJ Mustang, 1969 CJ Mach 1, 1970 Boss 302
So I purchased a Shelby Gt350 from a dealer from a different province. Got the colour I wanted that’s why the long distance sale (Ford Blue with white stripes). The transportation truck just picked up the car and the selling dealer just called and stated there is a small paint chip on the driver side door. He said he would make good on the issue. Do I just get the chip repaired or have the whole door repainted

Thanks
Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Until you know how big the chip is how can you make that decision? I'd wait to see where it is on the door and how big it is. Last time I looked there were a couple of FP Blue GT350s available in southwestern Ontario.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Did your dealer take a picture of it? You want to make sure there is no additional damage in transport.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just depends. Did the dealer talk in more detail how they will make it right? (Which is good for them to do) Usually if your doing transport, you can refuse the car if its not to your satisfaction (Read the fine print in the transport, if you refuse it, possibly fees on your part) The transport company should have did a walk around before taking possession of the car to load and transport, which can possibly tell you if it was there before loading or if it happened during loading.

If its a small chip, a good body shop could just touch it up and work some magic to make it look like nothing was there. But just depends wholely on the paint chip and if the door had received a dent... Inspect the car closely.
Sponsored