Sponsored

Should I use Insurance to repair Rock Chip?

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I am getting it repaired today at Safelite through insurance

Appreciate everyone's help.
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Had 2 windsheld glass replaced in 1 yr of each other.

May have been a coincidence, but our rates did go up and we live in Central Florida.

We switched from Geico to Progressive.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I’ve replaced about a dozen windshields over the years, and used the Comprehensive part of my insurance every time. Rates never changed ( I have USAA).
Comprehensive also covered hitting a deer once ($3,000 in damage), hitting a tire carcass ($1500), and other small damages (like a broken pax side mirror).
That’s why I have always carried $50 deductible on Comprehensive. Well worth the few extra dollars.

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Had 2 windsheld glass replaced in 1 yr of each other.

May have been a coincidence, but our rates did go up and we live in Central Florida.

We switched from Geico to Progressive.
We get screwed here in Central Florida on insurance. I payed less in Northern Virgina than I do here. I was told due to all the insurance fraud.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
We get screwed here in Central Florida on insurance. I payed less in Northern Virgina than I do here. I was told due to all the insurance fraud.
YEP YOU ARE CORRECT

Sponsored

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
YEP YOU ARE CORRECT
Long story will try to keep it short. Florida had the Personal Injury Protection which gives a pedestrian up to 10k immediately if they are hit by a vehicle. Hence why our insurance is so high due to this carrot being out there for fraudsters. I took this off my policy. A week later I was driving through a mall parking lot and had a bicyclist on a mountain bike go down the side of my truck. Turns out this guy was denied the PIP and at my request my insurance company asked his insurance company for a history of his claims. From 1996- present the guy has been filing fraudulent insurance claims after hitting vehicles. He gets paid then extorts money from the victims. He tried this with me and he ended up getting charged with impersonating a federal agent and extortion. Real POS this guy is. He lives in East Orange County off of Colonial. So beware if you ever drive through here.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
A rock chip is not your fault and will not affect your rates. I have a $0 deductible on glass so I have never paid out of pocket for a windshield.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Long story will try to keep it short. Florida had the Personal Injury Protection which gives a pedestrian up to 10k immediately if they are hit by a vehicle. Hence why our insurance is so high due to this carrot being out there for fraudsters. I took this off my policy. A week later I was driving through a mall parking lot and had a bicyclist on a mountain bike go down the side of my truck. Turns out this guy was denied the PIP and at my request my insurance company asked his insurance company for a history of his claims. From 1996- present the guy has been filing fraudulent insurance claims after hitting vehicles. He gets paid then extorts money from the victims. He tried this with me and he ended up getting charged with impersonating a federal agent and extortion. Real POS this guy is. He lives in East Orange County off of Colonial. So beware if you ever drive through here.
wow
Sponsored