P308 code already......

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Well driving 200 miles on my new to me 2015 GT and I knew it was too good to be true lol. I was hoping an all stock car wouldn't run into problems but I knew I was buying used. Only 46k miles on it too.

P308 code misfire cylinder 8. Read a bunch of threads and it seems it's a spark plug, coil, or intake manifold busted. The difference with mine is it seems to idle and run fine vs others reporting studdering etc.

* First off what's a good blue tooth app I can use to read and reset these codes? Torque Pro?

* I was planning on going ford performance pack 3 with new manifold for carb compliance. Seems doing this now would correct a busted oem manifold and get rid of the problem in the future right?
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Well, before you jump to conclusions or start buying parts swap the offending coil pack with one of the others. If the code moves it's a coil pack, if not it's something else. The next thing I'd check is the spark plug. Is it in tight, is it worn, wet, burnt?

As for a code reader, most will clear codes. I'm not a fan of the inexpensive bluetooth ones with apps but they will work. Before you spend much on one I'd give some thought to what you want it to do for you now and in the future.

Nothing wrong with buying a used car but I always expect a hiccup from them. I have no proof but I've long believed it's because of different driving habits between the PO and myself.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Well, before you jump to conclusions or start buying parts swap the offending coil pack with one of the others. If the code moves it's a coil pack, if not it's something else. The next thing I'd check is the spark plug. Is it in tight, is it worn, wet, burnt?

As for a code reader, most will clear codes. I'm not a fan of the inexpensive bluetooth ones with apps but they will work. Before you spend much on one I'd give some thought to what you want it to do for you now and in the future.
Swapping the coil packs and changing the plugs as a first step. Thank you!

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I put new plugs in. Swapped coil 8 to coil 7 and tried clearing the codes but I have a "permanent" p308 code that cant be cleared.

Any body know how to clear it so I can see if my fix worked?

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
If a permanent code must do a full drive cycle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
If a permanent code must do a full drive cycle.
Had to look that up. What a procedure to do lol. Well I guess I better get to it. Thanks

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Well I did the drive cycle procedure and cleared the permanent codes. Been driving fine for a few days.

Then tonight cruising home on the freeway got a CEL again. Code says #8 misfire and random misfire. Ran forscan and for other codes for voltage threshold so I will put another battery in it.

But for the misfire is the next step pulling the intake manifold? I swapped coils and there are new ngk plugs in it so I guess I need to pull the manifold to see if the actuators are broken.

If they are, what manifold is the best upgrade without a tune? I'm all stock right now

adanc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well I did the drive cycle procedure and cleared the permanent codes. Been driving fine for a few days.

Then tonight cruising home on the freeway got a CEL again. Code says #8 misfire and random misfire. Ran forscan and for other codes for voltage threshold so I will put another battery in it.

But for the misfire is the next step pulling the intake manifold? I swapped coils and there are new ngk plugs in it so I guess I need to pull the manifold to see if the actuators are broken.

If they are, what manifold is the best upgrade without a tune? I'm all stock right now
Any update?? I got some same issue right now. code came on for the first time, i cleared see which it comes back..

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Any update?? I got some same issue right now. code came on for the first time, i cleared see which it comes back..
Yeah it fixed it, no CELs anymore. Mine was clearly broken when I removed it. Sucks you have to remove it to check it.

Start by swapping coil packs and swapping plugs if you dont want to put new ones in and see if the same number CEL comes up. If so then it's probably the problem.
Sponsored