svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
picked the car up on the 13th and detailed it like crazy yesterday and noticed a few things.
1. rear deck panel is separating from body
2. rear deck lid has paint imperfections
3. driver door misaligned
4. passenger front seat has so weird smudge/ scape marks

so hopefully my stealership will fix it all
Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Hope the dealer will fix them. Please keep us updated.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
picked the car up on the 13th and detailed it like crazy yesterday and noticed a few things.

Why didn't you look the car over before purchasing???
:doh:

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I wouldn't be surprised if he did look it over before taking it home, and just missed those things. I did.

Picked mine up on a cold, cloudy day, did all the paperwork that same day. The light was bad, so all of the imperfections weren't easily visible. Also I was excited at the new purchase, had been at the dealer most of the day and was ready to get it home already. Not the most condusive circumstances for a good inspection.

It's not his fault, if Ford and the Dealer did better inspections, the customer wouldn't have to.

OP: I had some misaligned body panels, and loose leather on the seat. My dealer was willing to fix everything, but I had to make 2-3 trips before everything was resolved. Good news is my car now meets my expectations and I haven't had any issues since.

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
I had picked it up at dark. and didn't notice some of the things til I detailed it up close. all was fixed today except seat cover but it is ordered. they had to bend the bottom of the door slightly. I was very nervous about it but now it looks like it was supposed to.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
My trunk is obviously misaligned. Other than that I don't see things too out of shape.

tpblanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Metallic 401a

Just hope that they don't fight you on warranty. If your experience is like mine they will tell you that you abused your driver door and that it won't be covered.

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
they tried to a little but then they saw that I was not going to settle for less than perfect. I really expected a fight on the leather seat blemish but it was an easy win. the dealership customer service was actually very good.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sometimes this is a valid statement, but in some instances, tricky. I deliberately took receipt of my car "dirty" so their techs wouldn't touch it and I could do the first full detail. Because of this, if there were any apparent paint defects, they may have been difficult to spot, even if just rinsed with a hose.

Just sayin'.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes this is a valid statement, but in some instances, tricky. I deliberately took receipt of my car "dirty" so their techs wouldn't touch it and I could do the first full detail. Because of this, if there were any apparent paint defects, they may have been difficult to spot, even if just rinsed with a hose.

Just sayin'.
Did the same thing and missed a lot

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Unfortunately the best time to find interior defects is during the day in full sun. Paint defects POP like mad when you see the car in a well lit parking lot @ night like a Wal-mart. You almost need to make 2 trips & inspections ............

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I plan on possibly travelling for my car. If I do and find things later can I take it to any ford dealership for fixes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I plan on possibly travelling for my car. If I do and find things later can I take it to any ford dealership for fixes?
Panel alignment or broken trim stuff should not be an issue or paint defects like fish eyes, bubbles, debris in the paint. Any sort of dents, chips, scratches, tears or stains in the interior need to be caught during delivery as those things could happen minutes after you drive it off the lot.

Same drill as picking your car up after servicing !
Sponsored