Sponsored

P2111 Error code

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Does anyone keep getting a P2111 error code? (Throttle actuator "A" Control System- stuck open)
If I am driving in stop and go traffic and take off in 1st and then take quickly take my foot off of the gas (imagine the car in front of you takes off and then stops again quickly) and then push the clutch in my car will go into limp mode, idle erratically around 900 rpm, and throttle is totally unresponsive. Red wrench light comes on. I have to pull over to the side of the road, turn off the engine, wait a minute or two and then start it up again. It will crank for about 10 seconds before it actually starts.
I have read the codes with my scanner and get the P2111 code. I took into the dealer and they verified the code and installed a new throttle body but it keeps happening. I will take it to the dealer again but was wondering if anyone experienced the same thing?

2017 GT Premium PP
Sponsored

OP
OP

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
My car does the same thing.
Just to give you an update- The dealer had to go through 2 different brand new throttle bodies before the problem permanently went away. My suspicion is that there was a connection issue and it took them several tries of swapping throttle bodies before they unintentionally fixed it.

peetee1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just to give you an update- The dealer had to go through 2 different brand new throttle bodies before the problem permanently went away. My suspicion is that there was a connection issue and it took them several tries of swapping throttle bodies before they unintentionally fixed it.
Thanks for the reply back. My car has an aftermarket BBK TB, Maybe I will switch back to stock. It only does it when I'm in stop and go traffic.

tjace34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I got the same P2111 on my 18 GT PP1....so my throttle body needs replaced....only issue is that it is on backorder for 2 to 3 weeks from FORD.....Doesn't make sense....

Sponsored

peetee1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I got the same P2111 on my 18 GT PP1....so my throttle body needs replaced....only issue is that it is on backorder for 2 to 3 weeks from FORD.....Doesn't make sense....
I know right... Stick to the Ford brand. I have an aftermarket BBK throttle body and still had the same issues.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC

Taha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taha
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang gt Whipple supercharger
Hello so I having the same problem as you my car is not 2016 mustang gt Whipple supercharger and I keep getting the p2111 code I changed the throttle body three times already and still doing the same problem so I believe it’s wiring issue or something else. Can you please tell me what was the problem with yours? exactly.

peetee1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I did get a new throttle body and the issue went away. Haven't had a problem since.

Sponsored

Taha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taha
Vehicle(s)
I did get a new throttle body and the issue went away. Haven't had a problem since.
I already changed it one time I get new one from Whipple and still does the same thing do you think I should buy another one again?

Taha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taha
Vehicle(s)
And mine does it only when I go full throttle if I don’t go full throttle it drives normal

Taha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taha
Vehicle(s)
Stick to the factory throttle body
Will it fit the supercharger because my car is 2016 gt with Whipple supercharger I don’t think the factory throttle body will fit ?

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I already changed it one time I get new one from Whipple and still does the same thing do you think I should buy another one again?
Check your electrical connections at the TB
Sponsored