2015 Mustang GT PP
Sounds great now. Nailed it.
Sponsored

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Sorry I am a bit hard to work with, this situation is just so frustrating. I know Procharger and everyone has been trying to help and I appreciate it. This morning when I started it up it sounded like this:

I grabbed the idler pulleys and belt procharger sent me and installed them. Sounds like it is supposed to now (I think), but won't know for sure until I cold start it tomorrow morning I guess. Here is the engine bay sound after the new parts install:

Something unrelated, but does anyone's Procharger coolant tank cap ever leak coolant a slight amount? I see some dried up coolant on the hoses below and side of reservoir tank. It appears it's coming from the teflon area where the cap screws onto. There was some coolant pooled up there when I got to the garage to install the parts.
Sounds just like it should. As for the coolant. I’ve read about small seepage from the fitting on the bottom side of the tank. I used permatex thread sealant on those tank fittings and haven’t had any issues. Hopefully you got the problem taken care. ProCharger makes the car so much more fun.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Morning after startup test still has no sound. Looking promising!

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Glad to see it's working as intended! That's very frustrating to have to go through that.

Sponsored

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
wow, bad luck with your kit. I just saw your tread and went through every post. glad it seems to be figured out. bad new parts happen, this is usually my kind of luck when buying things. I hope it is all good now.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well when I started it today it seems the noise is coming back. Going to record in the morning and see what @ProChargerTECH wants to try next. From the sound of it it's sending in the head unit. Kind of bummed out tbh. Its really been hard to enjoy the car with this kit so far...

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I was following this troubleshooting while you were going through it.

Did you ever get to the root cause of the noise?

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was following this troubleshooting while you were going through it.

Did you ever get to the root cause of the noise?
Yes. Procharger sent me a full set of new idlers. Put those on and all is well now.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think you have a bad head unit, why won't they exchange it?

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I thought you changed all the idlers and it was fixed but then you said it was coming back. Did that subside finally?

Glad it’s working! What are your thoughts now after a few months?

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought you changed all the idlers and it was fixed but then you said it was coming back. Did that subside finally?

Glad it’s working! What are your thoughts now after a few months?
Its confusing I know. I actually had 2 sets of idlers from them sent. The noise has not been back since I put on the second set. The car has been great though. Not a fan of their tune as it has some surging while cold. I worked with them a bit on it, but will likely go through another company for a tune. Right now my focus is getting the power down. The 3.73s do make it difficult haha.

I think you have a bad head unit, why won't they exchange it?
That was the next step if the noise persisted but the second set of idlers they sent seemed to have resolved the issue.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That was the next step if the noise persisted but the second set of idlers they sent seemed to have resolved the issue.
I missunderstood, I thought the noise was coming back. Glad it finally works.

Dang5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 1991 corvette, 52 dodge wayfarer
Yeah after waiting almost a month for it to get shipped to me to begin with I am not willing to put my car out of commission for a month while I wait on procharger to determine if there is a defective part on a $7k kit. Thats unacceptable to me. If there is something wrong they better send me replacement parts to try and I will send other parts back. Hopefully its something stupid that can be fixed easily. If not I'm taking the kit off and getting something else and will just have to bite the loss and cost of install I guess. So far this is more trouble than its worth. I was hoping after buying kit, supporting mods, install, etc, and waiting almost a month for it to ship after purchase I would just be able to drive and enjoy the thing. Thats why I got a complete kit afterall.... I guess that assumption was a bad one... I was already missing mounting bolts in the kit and original tune was undrivable. I still question the weird flat part of tube between filter and head unit.

20201114_185041.jpg
Terrible piece and missing a piece here too they just said put the filter on that.
Sponsored