Sponsored

P Zero's

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
Looking for feedback. Did anyone change the GT PP P Zero tires
For all weather? If so, did it eliminate all the cold weather woes associated with these tires?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
Sorry duplicated post. Figuring out how to delete one

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Are you asking if all season tires are better than summer tires in the cold?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
200.gif

OP
OP

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
yes, I want to know if they will be a night and day difference.
Thanks

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
yes, I want to know if they will be a night and day difference.
Thanks
Night and day difference;

They are two totally different types of tires. Your PP OEM tires are shit when cold, that's normal for such tires. The flip side is that they are great when the temps are above 60 or 70 degrees, offering a massive amount of grip. Waaaaay more than all-season tires, it's no comparison.

All season tires are a year 'round compromise. The OEM Summer Only High Performance tires are meant for high levels of mechanical grip, and they compromise a lot in that endeavor.

So....

If you install quality A/S tires, the car will work much better when the temps are cold, and in bad weather. However, you wont have the handling and braking of Summer Only HP tires when the temps and weather are good. And if you get cheap A/S tires, the car will drive like crap all the time.

And keep in mind the OEM tires don't last long, sometimes people go through them in just a few thousand miles....again, normal. So if you judge your OEM tires when they are worn out, that's silly. Part of owning such a car is knowing that your tire costs are going to be very high.

Last edited:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
down here in the south.. we don't have a need for all seasons or winter tires.
OEM P Zeros were pretty terrible in the mild winter in NC. 30-50 degrees.
I can't imagine how terrible they would be in sub 30 degree temperature.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Night and day difference;

They are two totally different types of tires. Your PP OEM tires are shit when cold, that's normal for such tires. The flip side is that they are great when the temps are above 60 or 70 degrees, offering a massive amount of grip. Waaaaay more than all-season tires, it's no comparison.

All season tires are a year 'round compromise. The OEM Summer Only High Performance tires are meant for high levels of mechanical grip, and they compromise a lot in that endeavor.

So....

If you install quality A/S tires, the car will work much better when the temps are cold, and in bad weather. However, you wont have the handling and braking of Summer Only HP tires when the temps and weather are good. And if you get cheap A/S tires, the car will drive like crap all the time.

And keep in mind the OEM tires don't last long, sometimes people go through them in just a few thousand miles....again, normal. So if you judge your OEM tires when they are worn out, that's silly. Part of owning such a car is knowing that your tire costs are going to be very high.
Great post :cheers:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
So next question for me that will have a dedicated set of summers on Project 6GR wheels and wants to keep the PP wheels for the rest of the time but will ONLY drive on dry (if sometimes cold) roads -> what's the grippiest all season tire so my rear wheels don't spin?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Well I have P-Zero all seasons on my GT and I get wheel spins in 2nd gear when it's below 50 at full throttle. Just letting you know.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
you live in jersey, i wouldn't even worry about all season or winter tires. I drove on Pzeros last two winters and were fine. Just put on Pilot super sports plan on doing the same. Just cant drive like you would in the summer and you'll be fine. Roads are pretty much clear the next day after snow in jersey. Up to you though.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I can't imagine how terrible they would be in sub 30 degree temperature.
I got caught in 17 degree weather with my car out one time. They flat spotted and froze that way. Backing out of my friends driveway all 4 tires were skipping and sliding across the bare pavement. When I got started down the road, the entire car was hobbling side to side from the flat spots.

So in short, its terrible.

OP
OP

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
I get the throttle control but would like to drive the way I did when I had my 08.
I kind of feel like I am not enjoying it as much.

Thanks for all the feedback.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I get the throttle control but would like to drive the way I did when I had my 08.
I kind of feel like I am not enjoying it as much.
You're not going to enjoy a car with Summer Only HP tires and an additional 135HP, when it's cold outside, like you did your '08.

But when it's warm outside, and the tires work, it's a much, much better car. Night and day.
Sponsored